Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By invadauk
POSTAGE SITUATION / further details on HANNIBAL

hi guys - thought i'd give you lot the heads up on how we are gonna deal with all these HANNIBAL LP's

firstly and most importantly - please be aware that this isnt a huge 8 vinyl 16 side box set..
These are 4 individual double LP's that each represent a chapter in the Hannibal television series.

As you may have read previously we are releasing the following (all with gatefold sleeves & digital download cards)

season 1 vol 1 - tannum brown vinyl 1000 copies / black vinyl 1000 copies
season 1 vol 2 - amarone grape vinyl 1000 copies / black vinyl 1000 copies
season 2 vol 1 - travertine grey vinyl 1000 copies / black vinyl 1000 copies
season 2 vol 2 - hemochrome red vinyl 1000 copies / black vinyl 1000 copies

we were initially hoping to work out a special 'extra' for anyone that bought direct from Invada - but that plan has been scuppered due to 2 issues 1) we do not have any licensing / poster rights outside of distributing music and secondly and most importantly the postage charges.. which leads me to this....

we have had a long think and have spent the last 2 weeks exhaustingly finding out the cheapest and yet most reliable way of shipping these heavy beasts (especially overseas) -
basically by the time all four are packaged up they weigh over 3 kilo's. In the UK the second you go a gram over 2 kilos the price goes through the roof.
For example we packaged up 4 copies of the Drive soundtrack & took them to the post office and priced them up going 'recorded and tracked' to Australia, The quote was nearly £80 gbp..

We have managed to source a courier who is gonna ship all multi orders (both UK & Export) and this reduces costs but its still (pardon my French) FUCKING expensive.
SOOO... what we've decided on is - anyone who orders the bundle direct from us (all 4 LP's) will get £12 off the coloured vinyl & £9 off black vinyl - in addition & most importantly will get Free shipping in the UK and 50% off the courier price for export. All 'bundle' orders will be sent by recorded means so they wont get lost , and its looking like it will be UPS to the states. (who the courier we use is allied with in North America)

For those of you that want to buy domestically these will be distributed around the world .. We dont go through L.I.T.A in the states... BUT we do go through RedEye who will get the stock into stores all over. Please ask your local store to order though!!
PLEASE do remember though that INVADA are a UK based label and any export on these wont be as cheap as a domestic release in your own territory.
i would like to tell you the total amount weve spent on all these LP's including licensing, manufacturing, promo, etc but id start shaking again.
By Andreas_Hamburg
Sounds good. When is it up for pre-order?
By NMA
Waiting for the Invada newsletter, then...
By scentofdeath
The trouble with UPS and other couriers is it's guaranteed to make us pay the customs tax. Where I live its 27% and and it's a pain in the ass but it is what it is.

I guess other options would be to place 2 orders and have the records shipped in packs of 2, or wait for the local stores to stock them.

Is the color vinyl distributed in Canada?
By Occhionero
...is ready for preorder! Now!
By Hatter313
honestly, with shipping to the US, it comes out to about $20 a disc...that's par for the course I think, so i'm in!
By NathanLurker
Ordered. Yeah the price is fair, to Canada it comes up at 46$CAD per volume. so around 40$ US per volume yeah.

I'd like to see the colors. without any pictures to look at the colors, I went for the color pacakge and requested by email :

Season 1 Vol 1 - on Black Vinyl
Season 1 Vol 2 - on Amaraone Grape Vinyl
Season 2 Vol 1 - on Black Vinyl
Season 2 Vol 2 - on Hemochrome Red Vinyl
By invadauk

Thanks the support - everyone thats purchased already :

Here's the newsletter / full details in case you missed it...

http://us7.campaign-archive1.com/?u=0bc ... bUNIQID%5d

if you buy all four LP's they work out at £20 gbp each - and then 50% discount on world wide shipping of FREE shipping in the UK

By Hatter313
Hey Invada, i just sent you guys a quick email about my order. Thanks again for putting this release together, looks really stellar!

By Oiche
Ordered. Invada, that's a great price for a nice looking package! Look forward to spinning those.
By Hardrain02
Just ordered the 4LP set. Really looking forward to laying back and listening to these. And I'm sure the package will look good to. All my other Invada stuff has always looked great.
By anteo
Ordered the set. I was wondering what kind of packaging is going to be used, this is going to be very heavy and I have terrible previous experiences, even with courrier shipping.
By Andreas_Hamburg
Just pre-ordered the bundle (coloured vinyl). Really looking forward to this release.
By NMA
I'll pass... The shipping cost is 29.99 GBP for me :/
By invadauk

@NMA

to be fair - if your shipping is coming up as £29.99 - it will be costing us between £55-£60

what country do you live in.? From the UK it will probably be registered at WORLD ZONE 2 .

if you see my long post a page or so ago - please note that these are 4 individual gatefold double LPs.. the total weight on these inc packaging is nearly 3 kilos. Once you go over 2 it gets insanely expensive.

Let me know your country and i'll let you know whos distributing there

regards
By NMA
@invadauk

No offense here. I know you're doing your best to come up with the best options but sometimes things are out of your control.

I'm from Turkey btw.
By fluppeco
great shipping for western europe! wish it was like this all the time, great incentive to get the set!
By invadauk

@NMA ok - im gonna look into getting it directly to Turkey for cheaper for you - will be in touch later today.
By Occhionero
Ordered the Bundle in color vinyl Even it hurts, checkin my bank statement - @Invada made a really special deal. Thx to you guys!!!!
By Tron4Life
@invada uk

I'm interested to buy Hannibal 1/1 and 2/2 on black vinyl. If I order them now, will you hold parcel that items can be shipped at the same time? I remember reading that 1/1 will be released 1.12 and 2/2 15.12.
By Ignatius
Ordered! Thanks for going out of your way to make the shipping costs more palatable and the orders customisable. Can't wait to see some pictures of what these look like.
By The Cult Leader
When you add it all up, the colred bundle comes to $160 including shipping to the us.

Thats $40 bucks each record. I think Invada is trying to make this as affordable as possible and due to the waight I think they have done a pretty good job. Latley its been almost common to have to pay almost 40 + shipping.

Great job Invada!!

Im just hoping you have some bundles left in 2 weeks. I really want one but will have to wait a couple weeks.
By NMA
@invadauk - Thanks. I'm looking forward to receiving your reply today. You can mail me at mertaydin (at) gmail (dot) com if you want ;)
By tim28212
I'm with @cult, I'm having to wait a few weeks also. Just too much on the card this month already.

Will pre-order packages be available in the U.S. or just from you, Invada?
By Ronnies-Pockets
Am I missing something? I cant find where to pre order!!