Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Re-animated Cat
Agreed. I'm sure that will happen - there's a movie of it being made, so makes sense.
By philball1974
I think ill be picking this one up.
By siforster
"It’s interesting though that more videogame soundtracks are coming out on vinyl."

True, although I'm of the school of thought that videogame soundtracks were more interesting back when they were more a part of the overall game experience rather than the incidental background guff that makes up most of today's. But that's just me being a miserable sod.

A quick selection of the sort of thing that labels should be out hunting in packs:

Silent Hill 1-4 (especially 2 and 3)
Vagrant Story
Metal Gear Solid (but without the bloody awful song at the end)
Tobal No.1
Shadow Hearts (and SH2)
Castlevania 64 (even if the game was almost unplayable)
Incredible Crisis! (1st "live" soundtrack care of the Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra)
Soukiagi (2md "live" soundtrack - umm, sort of Faith No More meets the Power Station)
Quake (Mr Reznor)
Whichever Ecco The Dolphin one was on the Dreamcast (Tim Follin, soundtrack demigod)
Resident Evil 2

And there's also the "arranged" versions, where the composers got more than a few dozen megs to squeeze 40+ cues, and largely went mad...

Xenogears: Creid (Sci-Fi goes folk/prog)
Final Fantasy IV: Celtic Mood (more folkyness)
Chrono Trigger: Brink Of Time (um, Acid Jazz?)
Any Gradius/Castlevania Perfect Selection (I've got 4 of them on original CD here!)
Secret Of Mana+ (if only - will be impossible to press on wax though, which is a shame as it's one of the best CDs I own)
By Re-animated Cat
^^ Cool list, Si! And yeah, I pretty much agree with you. Got a few of those to check out though.

Seems like Invada are pretty keen on game market now. Will be interested to see what they go for in the future.
By toosoonjunior
Yes! Last of Us is absolutely worth of a vinyl release!
By invadauk
3 track sampler : https://soundcloud.com/invadauk/sets/wa ... n-reitzell

we are only doing the Brian Rietzell score - 13 tracks not the full soundtrack.

Brian more recently known for his work with Kevin Shields (my bloody valentine), and his score for the US Drama Hannibal

Formats
LP single black 180 gram
LP single blue and black splatter 140 gram
Digipack CD

artwork - re-worked / enhanced by Marc Bessant (Portishead 3 / Drokk etc)

none of us play video games / dont profess to know much about them...
all of us are into Brian and this score which we love.

check out the sampler if you get time
By philball1974
Yeah actually that sampler is pretty good!!

@Invadauk is this a limited pressing?
By zuko
Without taking this too far off-topic, would love to see the Fez soundtrack on vinyl too.
By invadauk
@philball1974

our deal with the games owners specify to keep the Vinyl in print as long as there is demand - the deal is based on a profit share, rather than a one-time unit royalty.

however at the moment we have ordered

750 black 180g vinyl
750 blue/black splatter vinyl.
500 digi cds

not thinking beyond that at the moment.

this will be distributed all over the world except Canada.
By philball1974
Thanks. The Blue/Black does look good.
By Hardrain02
@Si A massive yes to Quake, Resident evil 2 and the silent hill series and if i'm honest nearly all of your other suggestions too. I really would love the Silent hill ones though. Those are some amazing game scores.

Game music is such a fantastic genre I am surprised there are not more pressings of stuff like this. They stand up against film scores any day. Well the good ones that is.
By DISCOSUCKS...
It's been mentioned before, but definitely worth mentioning again: John Carpenter's SENTIL RETURNS score would make an EPIC red vinyl 10"!!

Just sayin'.
By toosoonjunior
Can I assume the Watch Dogs LP will be available through Forced Exposure? Sorry if I missed that somewhere.
By invadauk

@toosoonjunior

It will be distributed in the U.S through Red Eye - both vinyl versions are available everywhere but Canada
By horseloverphat
I'm still on the look-out for a replacement cover for Far Cry 3...mine was so badly damaged, got it through Discogs. I have contacted Invada direct and I was advised to get back to you mid June. Fingers crossed that you guys will have something.
By invadauk

@horseloverphat

we're trying to get hold of any extras from GZ at moment... email back again on the 15th or around then
By horseloverphat
[quote=21636]
@horseloverphat

we’re trying to get hold of any extras from GZ at moment… email back again on the 15th or around then
[/quote]

You're a star...sure, I will do and thanks.
By invadauk

WATCH_DOGS (Brian Reitzell) test pressings approved :

the release date is scheduled for the end of July - but the pressing plant delays are causing pandemonium at the moment so we will see..

Initial press is

750 units 180 gram Black vinyl
750 units Blue and Black splatter vinyl

both formats will be the same price and come with a download card

all formats will be distributed worldwide - with the exception of Canada

pre-sale will go up on Invada when we are told exactly by GZ when we can expect the stock.

if you've yet to check out the soundtrack - its really bloody good, whatever your feelings are on the game

https://soundcloud.com/invadauk/sets/wa ... n-reitzell

thanks!

By NathanLurker
I'm guessing Canada distribution is handled by another company ? Ubisoft Music ? Will check in the Montreal stores for one.
By toosoonjunior
Yeah, this will be a definite pick-up for me!
By liftman2013
Mass Effect 1-3
David Cage games like 'Beyond Two Souls' and 'Heavy Rain'
The Last of Us

I think game music is an excellent idea, keep with it. Maybe because games these days are pretty much like your playing a movie these days...
By John_Flichty
liftman2013 said :
David Cage games like ‘Beyond Two Souls’ and ‘Heavy Rain’<br>
The Last of Us

I think game music is an excellent idea, keep with it. Maybe because games these days are pretty much like your playing a movie these days…

And that's why games are less and less interesting (I generalize of course, I'm a huge gamer).
I want to PLAY, not watching some interactive movie (I hate Quantic Dreams and David 'I think I'm the savior of video games' Cage idea of 'gaming', and his ameliorated CD-i releases ) or moving from one scripted sequence with ' beautiful cinematic directing' to another.
Please, Video Game Industry™, lose your inferioty complex toward cinema, you really don't need that.

(but that's not the topic, sorry)

That being said, I want more games soundtracks too ! And not necessarily recent symphonic ones.

I really recommand this great compilation, for retrogaming lovers :

Available here
By invadauk
Hi guys - here's our latest newsletter, this gives out details of the

1)WATCH DOGS pre-order,
2) The situation with FAR CRY 3 SOUNDTRACK and how we're manufacturing a Black vinyl standard version
3) Our latest signing CUTS
4) A whole heap of other stuff you may or may not be interested in

http://us7.campaign-archive1.com/?u=0bc ... 0659772714

I know some of you may have-a -dig at us for repressing the FAR CRY 3 LP - but it has to be put on record that we never ever expected the demand to be so extreme from the gaming community - to the point , we had blog posts accusing us of purposely 'starving' fans the chance to buy their favourite ever album .
Please note - this version is on black vinyl (not neon pink) and doesnt contain the FC3 poster. It still has the VHS design insert and download card / artwork and music remains the same.