Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By philball1974
[quote=24175]Hi guys – here’s our latest newsletter, this gives out details of the

1)WATCH DOGS pre-order,<br>
2) The situation with FAR CRY 3 SOUNDTRACK and how we’re manufacturing a Black vinyl standard version<br>
3) Our latest signing CUTS<br>
4) A whole heap of other stuff you may or may not be interested in

http://us7.campaign-archive1.com/?u=0bc ... 0659772714

I know some of you may have-a -dig at us for repressing the FAR CRY 3 LP – but it has to be put on record that we never ever expected the demand to be so extreme from the gaming community – to the point , we had blog posts accusing us of purposely ‘starving’ fans the chance to buy their favourite ever album .<br>
Please note – this version is on black vinyl (not neon pink) and doesnt contain the FC3 poster. It still has the VHS design insert and download card / artwork and music remains the same.
[/quote]

Fuck the gaming community!

have been listening to the digital version and its truly awesome!

cannot wait
By toosoonjunior
It's really one my favorite LPs and I spin it all the time, so I'm glad more folks will have the opportunity to do the same.

Of course, I'm also happy to have the RSD version specifically in my collection! :)
By ghostfires
@invadauk - Any chance of more Drokk music in the future?
By zuko
Look up… ;)
By monsterworship
Fine. But it's now available to order :)
By philball1974
Portishead's Geoff Barrow (@jetfury) and Ben Salisbury to score Alex Garland's sci-fi thriller Ex-Machina
By jgibbs4053
Does anyone know where I can order Far Cry or Watch Dogs through the US?
By philball1974
Not sure what the etiquette for referring to reviews is (link or copy and paste) so heres both.

Nice short interview over at http://www.filmsonwax.co.uk/catching-up ... a-records/

Vinyl nerds wet their panties at the release of Power Glove’s Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon on Record Store Day ’14, and now it’s back from Invada, along with the score to currently massive game Watch_Dogs. I caught up with label manager Redg Weeks for the inside scoop…

How did the Watch Dogs release come to be?

It was two separate incidents actually. Firstly, Erica Farjo – a very gifted Los Angeles photographer/artist who’s a mutual friend of mine and Brian’s (Rietzell composer of the score) – introduced us. Brian has composed all the music for the Hannibal TV show amongst other things, and was into what Invada had been doing, especially with bands like BEAK>. So I think there was a mutual respect and a desire on both parts to work together on a project

At the same time (through our Record Store Day release of Power Glove’s Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon score) I had met Jeremy Blechet, who’s the head of music at Ubisoft. We got along well and he suggested Watch_Dogs for Invada. As a huge coincidence, it turned out Brian had composed the Watch_Dogs score and my mind was blown the first time i heard it. We signed it straight away within a matter of days.

And you’re issuing a new edition of Far Cry 3. Is there any difference to the RSD14 version?

Yes, this one we took our time over. Basically the RSD version of FC3 sold out within minutes, let alone hours. A lot of people were left disappointed and in some instances went a bit far, throwing accusations at us that we had purposely limited the quantity to create hysteria. At Invada we have always tried to be transparent with the public and sometimes it’s not to our benefit. We explained to people that this was a license from a games company and as such there were restrictions and contracts we had to comply with.

So once the dust had settled from that, we spoke to everyone involved in the project – from all our distributers to James White (aka Signalnoise, who did the artwork) to the game’s creator Dean Evans – and it was agreed that as the record had surpassed all our expectations we would make a different version on Black 140gram double vinyl. The new version doesn’t have the FC3 poster in it, but contains the VHS insert and download card like the original. People that have the original variant are safe in the knowledge that their pink LP with the poster wont be repressed, but people can now get this more standard version if they missed out originally. There will be moaning from some quarters, but you’re damned if you do and damned if you don’t.

Anything else on the horizon you’re allowed to talk about?

Well, soundtrack-wise we actually have four more lined up, two this year and two at the start of next year. All I can say about the ones we have for the remainder of 2014 is that one’s a joint venture/project that I’ve been discussing with JC at Milan Records about for a long time now – and from my personal perspective I’m very excited about – and the plan will be that Invada will release in Europe and Milan will do North America. We hope to announce details very soon, possibly via Pitchfork so keep an eye out there.

The other project we will announce exclusively via U.S Horror website Bloody Disgusting over the next few weeks – all I can tell you is that it’s a mid-80′s sci-fi thriller soundtrack that’s synth heavy, with great electronic music. The score is by a very respected composer – not just known for sci-fi and horror but all genres.

All I can tell you about next year is the two we have lined up both feature my office compatriot Geoff Barrow. Can’t say anymore on that now or give any clues away, so sorry!!
By zuko
Urrgh, want to splurge on that sale, but their shipping prices are a little eye-watering
By siforster
20 (well, 19 tops as I've got one!) copies of Max Richter's The Congress ST just popped up now. Hurryhurryhurryetc

LINKYPOPS
By philball1974
Im waiting on Norman to get free delivery!
By skate
@ invadauk

The black vinyl edition of Watch Dogs is detailed to be 180g. Can you confirm what the weight of the splatter edition will be?
By invadauk

@simonsj

hi - the splatter vinyl is 140gram
By skate
Thanks, I thought it might be - cheers for the info.
By philball1974
Congress arrived today, sleeve damaged in exactly the same way as Valhalla was!

Seriously guys, take mere care cos I don't believe this has occurred in transit!
By invadauk

@phillball1974

Phil i have to take exception to your comment

You had a problem with Valhalla Rising - new copy shipped straight away without any questions asked whatsoever

You ordered a Congress - we shipped your record in a Sounds Wholesale 12x12 Cardboard mailer with 2 card stiffners placed either side / then that package was sealed inside a mail-lite gold large bubble protected jiffy envelope for extra protection and then the record was sent by ' special delivery' - Anything 'special' gets shipped separately away from all other royal mail items. We have tried our absolute hardest to make sure the record gets to you in as good condition as possible.

Also you have our email address - we have communicated with you throughout to let you know the status on arrival of Congress stock from Warners - why not email us direct if you have a problem?

By philball1974
Hey don't take exception, your comments back up my point (if you read it properly), it was shipped to perfection, including bubble wrap outer, so making the point that this again was damaged prior to postage!

I didn't email you as I'm not asking for a replacement!! hell I'm even trying to flatten out the fucked warpness by myself!
By invadauk

Okay fair-do's

We got the records in - Its a Milan release via Warners UK and shipped them within an hour of them arriving

i grabbed one for my personal collection and shipped the rest - we had sold on pre-sale..

Mine is absolutely fine..

unfortunately we have no more - but as ever will gladly offer a replacement - unfortunately in this case we cant do that as we only had 20, but we can offer a full refund if the product is unsatisfactory

cheers
By philball1974
It fine, its just annoying how you clearly go to town with your P&P but the record is bent in the same place as the Valhalla. I posted the warped picture on the Milan thread as I know its their release.

Listen I know you are good guys, I've ordered a bunch from you, I started this thread i like you that much!

Im not asking for a refund!

By monsterworship
Is Farcry 3 out yet?

Can i find it in any u.s. Stores?
By philball1974
Amazing record.

I wonder if this is a Go Beat repress or a MOV one. Didnt they recently re release NYC?