Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

There was a screening of an ALIEN re-score tonight at the Dallas Alamo Drafthouse. A local guy decided to re-score Alien with electronic rather than orchestral cues. I think some parts worked better than others, but it was a fun concept. They made an evening of it with a Josey Records pop-up shop and an 80s synth soundtrack DJ set by the composer.

I have one sealed copy of the cassette tape from the event. I don't have a cassette player, so if someone wants to trade me a record for it I'd be down.
@Spun - I asked the composer, Cory Kilduff, if he plans to sell any tapes. I will let you know what I hear. It looks pretty neat:
Also, I will post a review of sorts after listening. Thanks for the trade, @texasvinyl.
I have a few of these available now for forum members:
Pro tapes, translucent green shell and printed j-cards. $10 shipped via media mail in the US. I am going to be sending a few of them over to @Spun if any UK/Europe cog heads would like to pick one up and save a bit on shipping.

@Mateo & @Aremagod - I will hold a couple for you both, but please send me a pm if you are still interested.

Sample track:
deafmetal wrote: @Mateo & @Aremagod - I will hold a couple for you both, but please send me a pm if you are still interested.
#OBVIOUSLY

pm sent
NMA wrote:I'd like to have one but the point is that PayPal is no longer available in my country (Turkey) :/
I just read a couple of articles about some of the new internet related laws and licensing issues in Turkey. That is unfortunate or at the least, inconvenient.
Mateo Sanboval wrote:I just read a couple of articles about some of the new internet related laws and licensing issues in Turkey. That is unfortunate or at the least, inconvenient.
Utterly inconvenient indeed!

However, the strange thing is that PayPal did not even try to take the necessary actions for the options presented to them. They just decided to withdraw!

The bad thing is that the vast majority of worldwide e-commerce is heavily dependent on PayPal. That's why we are so screwed up now! :/
Yep, it reeks of a power play. PayPal wants to jump through fewer hoops not more so they'll see how the Gov't likes life without them. What a bummer.
@NMA - Perhaps we could work in one of the tapes as part of a larger trade?

I have about three copies left if there are any other takers. Looking to wrap up @Spun's package here soon, so speak now or forever pay higher shipping costs. ;)
Three cheers for Deafmetal, youse guys. This guy has to be SBTCer Of The Month, right?

PS - Don't laugh. That parking space is really convenient.
deafmetal wrote:@NMA - Perhaps we could work in one of the tapes as part of a larger trade?

I have about three copies left if there are any other takers. Looking to wrap up @Spun's package here soon, so speak now or forever pay higher shipping costs. ;)
Yeah, sure, why not. Thanks a lot ;)
By NMA
Spun out of control wrote:Hey chaps.. more than happy to work something out with NMA, if geographical proximity helps - but whatever suits ;)

As an aside, some serious sh*t going down in Turkey right now. World feels a bit off-kilter generally... weird times. Stay safe NMA
Thanks for your concern @Spun. Yeah, unfortunately, an unexpected act is taking place right now here.

Nobody seems to be able to render what is really going on. Is it really a coup-d-etat or some sort of scenario? We shall see.
Yeah, a cassette tape seems very trivial when compared to the news of a potential coup. Hope all is well and remains that way for you, NMA.

@Spun - if you could ship a small package to Turkey for less than $14 USD, then it's probably a better option. You would have to trade though, since PayPal is no longer available there.