Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By lefttoburn
Looking for a UK person to snag me that new Maniac LP on Clear w/Red Splatter from Death Waltz, and in return, I will send a sealed US Maniac '13 LP on Mondo. Let's hook this up in the next day or two so I know how many I should order from Mondo on Friday.
By jonnydub
hey, did you find anyone to do this with? I have a spare clear w. red splatter on order so would be down for a trade
By jonnydub
I am just waiting on the delivery to arrive
By lefttoburn
Hey Jonnydub, no one else responded. You wanna do this? Email me alwayslefttoburn @ gmail . com
By nudemutant
Hey UK people! I'm in the US and also looking to trade for either colored vinyl version (no pic discs). Just let me know if anybody else out there is willing to participate.
By jonnydub
awesome lefttoburn,

I will wait to make sure it arrives without a hitch then we can sort it out.

big up
By tailofthecomet
i'll trade dw maniac for mondo maniac
By Jeff
What's your email? I know someone who's interested in doing this but isn't on the board. He's a good guy.

I also know Monsterworship here on the board is looking to do this, he has a post about it, hit him up first actually

http://www.spintheblackestcircles.com/f ... dw-maniac/
By jonnydub
well, I feel pretty cheated,

I sent my record for the exchange on the 23rd of July and since then have heard nothing back from lefttoburn. I have sent a number of emails requesting updates but heard nothing back from the guy. I fear that I have been scammed on this occasion :( so very disappointed about this situation plus all in all the exchange cost me nearly £50 with postage and the cost of the record.
You would have thought that the people on this forum would be honest and supportive of each others mutual love of the genre and of collecting records.

I really feel let down and angry that this guy has done this. I have contacted him a number of times with no reply what so ever so I can only assume he was after a free record at some one else's expense.

I would be interested to see if he even responds to this post on the forum to explain whats going on, however I fear I wont be hearing from him again.

vinyl buddies beware!
By Re-animated Cat
@jonnydub: If it's true that he's ripped you off then that really sucks. However, I notice that it's only been 2 weeks since you posted the record - perhaps you should give him a little more time, especially before posting his address on here(maybe he's on holiday or something?). I hope it works out for you anyway.

Btw, there's a dedicated thread for this stuff now: http://www.spintheblackestcircles.com/f ... d-the-bad/
By jonnydub
would you believe it,

i feel terrible now, he finally got in touch and had been away for 2 weeks and had no internet access. It was the lack of responses to my emails that had me worried and I honestly thought I had been done over. It's not the first time I have been fucked over in the record buying / swapping process so I was a bit reluctant to get involved, and as time went on and there was no response to my emails I honestly thought it had happened again.
The reason I put up his address was in case he decided to change his user name and try something like this again. I was hoping to warn of a dodgy dealer for other users,

It seems that I have acted a bit hastely so please if you do read this then ignore my last post, I have contacted Ryan and apologised for getting irate.

sorry (hangs head in shame)
By chandler75
I think I might have reacted the same way.

It's quite unusual nowadays to not have any kind of internet access for two weeks (unless maybe if something happened and you're in hospital), and if he knew this was going to be the case, he should have given you a heads up now that you had a new swap going.
By siforster
Hi,

I've removed his address from that post as it's been resolved and so there's no need to have someone's info up there, hope nobody sees this as being censorial if that's even a real word. Which reminds me, need to ask again about PMs, as I suspect more people would be up for trading if we didn't have to put our email addresses on a public forum :)
By Re-animated Cat
Yeah, PMs would be great :)

There are plenty of reasons why someone wouldn't get in touch for 2 weeks. If there's a family emergency, illness, death - in these circumstances, it wouldn't even cross my mind to get in touch with someone about a vinyl swap. Happy to hear this was sorted out though :)
By ytgbikn
@jonnydub Did you ever get what you traded for?

I bought something from someone on discogs on friday, and haven't been able to get a response from them since I paid. Googled the email address tied to his paypal account and it brought me here. Looks like this is the same person you dealt with.
By jonnydub
No not received anything yet. He did get back in touch and said that he had sent it on the 7th of August, but I still am yet to receive anything, plus I dont have a tracking number so Its his word on this one. It has been nearly a month since I sent my record out, and again I cant help but be a little sceptical about whether or not I will ever see this record that I am due to receive, however I will wait a bit longer. I hope he gets back in touch with you & you manage to get it.
By ytgbikn
Thanks for the info. Keep us updated, hopefully it shows up soon
By jonnydub
the record did arrive today thankfully and he had kindly put in a few promo cd's for the delay. SO hopefully he will get back in touch with u soon enough to sort out your record. It took a while to get here, but arrived eventually :)
By ytgbikn
Awesome news, thanks for the update. I'm still holding out hope.

Lefttoburn, if you see this please message me on discogs
By ytgbikn
Well in case this jackass pops up again, I'd caution y'all to avoid dealing with him. I know my deal wasn't through this site but its only right I warn you since he posted here recently. Still haven't heard anything from him and I've opened a paypal dispute. He scammed at least 3 other people on discogs based on his new feedback.

Here's some names associated with him in case he comes back under a different name:
Ryan Johnson
memorylame (discogs username)
rmjnnj@gmail.com
alwayslefttoburn@gmail.com
By lukelucas
I am also looking to have the same ind of project done, yet I can't find individual to do it so I decided to make the project done by professional service centers.. I find this site http://www.digitekprinting.com/poster-prints also works on various works.. did anyone tried?