A place where bands (horror, soundtrack,...inspired) can introduce themselves and promote their releases, gigs,...

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

Hey guys.
Some of you might have picked up on this already but I've just had my Street Force album released by the fine Spun Out of Control folks. Some kind words for this in the latest Mondo newsletter. Press release blabber as follows:

A bloody tale of murder & revenge told via the medium of piano stabs and blazing synths, Repeated Viewing's latest dynamic score, the 2nd release for new London label Spun Out Of Control, is inspired by the Italian cop dramas - or 'Poliziotteschi' - of the 1970s and 1980s.

‘Street Force’ is presented as a custom made tape shell with exclusive red & black swirl 'Blood On The Streets' colour way, limited to 60 hand-numbered copies worldwide. Download card included. Cover and design by Eric Adrian Lee.

About Street Force:
Street Force (1983) marked the directorial debut of Paulo Luggerizi Jr, son of the notorious Italian auteur Paulo Luggerizi. Shot in New York during the winter months of 1982 the film cashed in on the influx of ultra-violent vigilante and revenge movies seeping their way into the grindhouse cinema circuit. Little is known about the movie but reviews at the time of its release were less than favourable, deriding it as an excessively brutal, poorly made hamfest.

The film was quickly consigned to the darkest corner of the distributor’s warehouse but the recently unearthed soundtrack by Repeated Viewing, featuring a down-on-his-luck Alessandro Cassini playing piano on the opening track, provides an audio document of the blood splattered sidewalks and alleyways depicted in the movie. Previously unreleased, it is presented here for the first time re-mastered and with additional instrumentation by the composer – JUSTICE OR DEATH!

Campbell van Bierhurst, Dead Eye Magazine.

The cassettes sold out during the pre order but you can still pick up the digital over on the Spun Out of Control bandcamp page. Check it out on the following link and let me know what you think.
Cheers
Alan RV

https://spunoutofcontrol.bandcamp.com/a ... reet-force
Here's what Spencer very kindly had to say in the Mondo Newsletter:

SPENCER'S PICK OF THE WEEK - Repeated Viewing, Street Force
Cassette-only label Spun Out Of Control is fast becoming one of my fave labels out there. Repeated Viewing is firing on all cylinders for this absolutely awesome 80s inspired Italian synth release. Whether you think cassettes are a hipster fad or not, SOOC is clearly putting heaps of love into their releases with very cool art and custom-made tape shells that come in very cool limited colorways.

As Mr RV says, know STBC-ers are already hip to the groove, but nice to see nonetheless ;)
I hope my copy is wending its way to my front porch as I type. Still, if you two are wicked bored, maybe a quick Three Sisters cassette release? No pressure, but do it.