A place where bands (horror, soundtrack,...inspired) can introduce themselves and promote their releases, gigs,...

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Garmonbozia
I would really appreciate some feedback on this song I wrote. It's comprised of two parts that are very much influenced by Goblin and Carpenter (respectively). I've been a mega fan of this kind of music since I was a little kid and this is my first attempt at writing something in that vein. I'm really proud of it and wanted to share with other horror nerds.

https://soundcloud.com/marshall-mclaugh ... e-rainbows
By freshoj
I am no good at constructive feedback, but I dug it for sure.
By spastic.jerk
I liked the slowly building dissonant intro and slow introduction of accompanying background sounds, did a good job of building - I can hear a lot of "industrial" influences which I really dig, the build was well done, I really like the way you stripped stuff back out and let things ebb and flow, it's a fine art and while you didn't nail it completely for my tastes I am super impressed by this as a first attempt! I would pick up a copy of an album/EP that had this feel without a doubt, separated enough from other stuff it doesn't sound derivative (which is a large problem with all the "impersonators" and "clones" going on right now)in the slightest to me. Not the biggest Goblin fan, I know, I know - sacrilege right? But this was pretty tasty imho - keep it up and keep us updated about it man, congrats on this btw, as a music journalist I hear a lot of stuff that is just crap. This is in no way shape or form crap or derivative - two big pluses in my book, keep it up!
By DISCOSUCKS...
I like this! You do a disservice with your labelling of it sir, you have a style, and I find it really interesting and pretty unusual. Listened right through, and it didn't always do what I thought it might, and surprised me in a good way that was pleasing and fun. I'd listen to more for sure!
By Garmonbozia
Oh wow!

Thanks a lot to those that took the time to listen and respond to this. And I'm thrilled it doesn't come off as an obvious rip from the composers I mentioned. I'm really flattered by the positive comments. I kinda thought I was on to something but it's always so hard for me to gauge and I knew this would be the best place to get some honest and useful feedback. I'll most certainly be making an album. Thanks again, everyone!