A place where bands (horror, soundtrack,...inspired) can introduce themselves and promote their releases, gigs,...

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By PentagramVideo
Hope this is cool to post here for you folks. Last few cassettes over at https://pentagramhomevideo.bandcamp.com/

https://soundcloud.com/pentagramhomevid ... um-preview

A soundtrack from a parallel reality. All tracks recorded to cassette tape using a Tascam machine from 1983 using synthesizers and tape delay machines.

Soundtracks & Cues Sourced From Video Cassette:
Who’s Out There? / Chi C'e' La? (1986)

There are many rumours about the production of the 1986 film 'Who's Out There' but information is scarce. Released on VHS by Pentagram Home Video the film follows a soldier sent back from a future war to 1986 to prevent an alien bounty hunter from tracking and destroying his target. The bounty hunter is relentless in his pursuit; using a powerful telekinetic hallucinogen that frighteningly alters reality for anyone within its range. The story unfolds over the course of one night, across the streets & through the underground bars & clubs of New York.

Cassette Edition limited to 100 copies.
By Whip Wilson
I picked one of these puppies up a couple of days back at the suggestion of good ol' One Way Static. Looking forward to getting the hard copy in hand. Good stuff. Welcome aboard!
By toosoonjunior
Ordered the tape as well. Great stuff, looking forward to receiving it soon!
By deafmetal
Great stuff. I also think the band/project name is excellent.
By zuko
Welcome! I bagged the digital of this on Monday after OWS linked to it and it has been on hard rotation ever since. Fantastic stuff, Reel 2 and Reel 4 are a particular highlight.
By PentagramVideo
Much appreciated guys. All orders are packed and we're just about to start shipping out
By ghostfires
Looking forward to it! Ordered immediately after hearing a sample or two from OWS's recommendation.
By Spun out of control
While we're sharing the love... best find this week for me also. Would like to know/hear more.

Ordered via OWS direct, so missed out on bandcamp download unfortunately (lesson learnt) but looking forward to hearing more on the 'hard copy'... ;)
By strictlywayward
I also ordered this awesome tape, and have been jamming the digital regularly since.
By Occhionero
Is this a real soundtrack or just a nice fairytale of a movie?
Love the music anyway!
By antimax
^^^ Pretty sure it's a soundtrack for an "imagined" film. But really… who knows? ;)
By Occhionero
I like that kind of myth
By nick_rising
It's the soundtrack to a film from another dimension :)
By 10T5
I'm not a huge fan of this new cassette fashion despite I bought this one, the music is really good. Now it deserves a vinyl pressing!
By ghostfires
new cassette fashion?

I follow plenty of musicians that have been continuously releasing cassette tapes for years. I myself have been releasing my albums on cassette tapes for years...I'm not sure that it has become fashionable all of a sudden. It is an immediate, non-digital, and affordable way to get your music out to people. Pressing to vinyl, especially in small numbers, is quite expensive for a small label or independent musician. CDs are just not the same...so cassettes really make a lot of sense for many musicians.
By 10T5
@Ghostfires: Mouai, that's your point of view. We are living in a digital world and there is a lot of way to distribute your music freely. I know cassettes for years too, since I'm a kid. I may be wrong but I didn't noticed that this physical media has resisted to technology as vinyl did. For me it's a temporary rebirth, a fashion effect. So I'm not really convinced but that's not the point. What I wanted to insinuate is this release deserves to be one of those Death Waltz Originals. Don't you?
By PentagramVideo
All orders are shipped and on the way. The final few cassettes shipped out yesterday.

A huge thanks to you folks for the support.

It's cool to see a few have started to arrive at their destinations, having survived the postal vortex.
By ghostfires
Got it in a few days ago, listened three times already. LOVE IT! When is the next album coming?
By PentagramVideo
Thank you, Ghostfires. Glad you like it. Working on something right now, will post information soon.
By Whip Wilson
Mine's just arrived in the upper left-hand corner of the USA. Sounds great. Cheers.
By toosoonjunior
I, for one, welcome our new cassette overlords. For me, some releases are very well-suited for a tape release...this one, for example. Also, as mentioned above, it's often significantly less expensive for both the artist and consumer. And as many people (myself included) enjoy the "process" of pulling out a record and putting it on the turntable and dropping the needle, I enjoy take the tape out, popping it in the deck, and pressing play! It's also a nostalgia thing for me.
By antimax
Yeah, for me it's a mix of nostalgia, affordability, and FUN! I make music on my own and plan on releasing an album next year. Looking into getting vinyl pressed, but it is quuuuuite expensive, and with no fan base, well, I'd be hard pressed to sell 300-500 records, haha. However, I can get like 50-100 cassette tapes made for just a couple bucks each, sell em for $5, everyone's happy. And they'll look cool, too.

Anyways, yeah I bought the pentagram home video tape and have been playing it in my truck while driving around Los Angeles. Loving it!
By spastic.jerk
@PentegramVideo - this is amazing! I write for a music magazine, do a ton of interviews and reviews and I would LOVE to hype this. Bummed I missed out on the cassette of this, always a day late and a dollar short, but will not be missing the next album! If there's anything I can do to help you out or spread the word hit me up and let me know, great stuff...
By terryreidsauce
@PentagramVideo Do you have any plans of physically reissuing this? I'd love to grab a cassette and I'd be stoked if you put it out on vinyl.