A place where bands (horror, soundtrack,...inspired) can introduce themselves and promote their releases, gigs,...

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By ghostfires
I just wanted to shamelessly self-promote for a quick second. If you follow the link below, you can check out on Bandcamp my newest album, out digitally as well as on cassette via Wood Between Worlds.

The music has an obviously heavy Carpenter influence, kinda filtered through a Italians Do It Better crystal. Normally I would have a better theme or thought process behind a collection of recordings, but I was just flat out listening to a ton of Johnny Jewel and John Carpenter music back when I recorded all this 4 years ago. It was a single session with a circle of synths, a crappy tape recorder, and hoping that someone would envision the night club on the boat scene in Friday The 13th # 8!

Sorry for the interruption!

To Listen/Buy Digital, OR cassette - http://woodbetweenworlds.bandcamp.com/a ... ss-shadows

Digital also here - http://ryanharrismusic.bandcamp.com/
By nick_rising
Listening now. Very cool. +1 for the cassette release :)
By thedeepness
Just listened to the first 4 tracks and bought the tape.

Really cool stuff, downloading now for the ride home tonight.
By ghostfires
Wow, thank you guys! I truly appreciate the kind words...and @thedeepness, thank you so much for the support!
By linus
good stuff!
By Dollarhyde
Sounds really great.

Just ordered a tape!

but messed up the international shipping somehow. I tried to add shipping to uk but ordered two cassettes with no money for shipping, only after the one cassette. Have sent an email to the paypal address. Sorry dude
By ironjaiden
Awesome. Really cool stuff!
By philball1974
Self promo works for me ghosty! Great stuff. Digital bought!

Oh and if you ever want anyone to do some cover work for you I've done a bunch of album cover photography in the past so hit me up!
By ghostfires
Seriously guys, I truly appreciate your support and kind words! I honestly thought this would kinda go unnoticed with all the excitement over a few new pieces of vinyl coming out shortly, so thank you guys very much for checking it out. That really means a lot.

@dollarhyde - don't worry about the issue, I'm confident that Joshua who runs WBW will take care of the double order issue for you.

I actually have nothing to do with the label, nor the pressing of the cassette or the art. That is all handled by Wood Between Worlds. I honestly accept no monies whatsoever from him on any sales, digital or physical. I ask that he roll it all into the next batch of tapes so that the music keeps flowing. I don't ever expect to make any money at music, I just truly am in love with music and creating it...so if anyone wants to buy it, if it were up to me, I would just give it to them. If I get any money from digital sales on my personal bandcamp, I roll that straight into the credit cards that helped me buy the software and the synths that I now use to create music.

I think you guys would be quite shocked at the style and sound of music that I now create, compared to what you're hearing on the cassette release above. Totally different!

Thank you, everyone, seriously once more...I'm truly happy that people are enjoying it enough to pick it up, physical or digital. That means the world to me, so thank you.
By philball1974
So what are you producing now?
By ghostfires
@phil -

Here are two different playlists, two different styles. Both are different albums I'm very slowly working on...for what, or who...I have no clue!

VORTEX SOUL

ENTERPLANETARY FUNKTION
By repeatedviewing
Nice work sir, will pick up the digital album later on.
By MODAREC
@ghostfires
really liking that new track above, great production and some great sounds/textures.
By ghostfires
@modarec - Thank you so much! Especially for you taking the time to listen, I truly appreciate it.

Here is the playlist with two more songs going in that same direction. I'm really going for a more romantic, sexually-charged downtempo record than any kind of horror/fear related music.

https://soundcloud.com/rharris/sets/street-lights

P.S. Anyone know how to embed the soundcloud player on here? I cannot get it to work!