A place where bands (horror, soundtrack,...inspired) can introduce themselves and promote their releases, gigs,...

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By phantomnoir
Wow, I can't believe this is coming from Alex Cuervo. This is such a departure from his pop songs. Congratulations on both Alex and you, Trouble In Mind. And welcome on board!
By Spun out of control
@TroubleInMind. This is sounding very good. References including Mogwai, Broadcast, Carpenter, Haxan Cloak... can't go wrong

Let us know when the LP drops, plus if you ship to UK?

Sure if you issue it in a funky coloured vinyl those on this board would be all over this...
By toosoonjunior
Good news! I was just recently introduced to Espectrostatic. Bought the self-titled LP just a couple weeks ago!
By syndicate
The Espectrostatic self titled LP is one of the best albums I heard last year.
By ESPECTROSTATIC
Thanks for the kind words folks - I'm very excited about Escape From Witchtropolis, and also super bummed about the vinyl delay, but it is what it is...

ICYMI - I also released a free digital EP a couple weeks ago. It's "pay what you want", but my intention is for it to be free, so by all means, feel free to enter $0.00

https://espectrostatic.bandcamp.com/alb ... aemonum-ep

I hope you enjoy it too!
By syndicate
Hi Espectrostatic! When I heard your self-titled LP last year, I recommended it countless times to all my friends and local record stores. Are there any plans to release your EPs on vinyl?
By syndicate
I need them! I was wondering how long the delay is for the new record. I have a serious problem buying every TIM release.
By hncreature
[quote=38276]Wow, I can’t believe this is coming from Alex Cuervo. This is such a departure from his pop songs. Congratulations on both Alex and you, Trouble In Mind. And welcome on board![/quote]

I can't remember which I listened to first...Espectrostatic or The Hex Dispensers "Winchester"...a little late to the party I know - Regardless...both Lps...even being so different...ended up in my "Top" list of last year - Can't wait for the vinyl!
By phantomnoir
@hncreature, this solo EP is amazing:

You can listen to one track here: http://troubleinmindrecs.com/bands/alexcuervo.html

@Alex, the Escape From Witchtropolis press release states you followed a Composition for Film & TV course. Any plans on doing a real soundtrack? And when are you touring Europe?
By Spun out of control
Enjoying Escape from Witchropolis the more I listen to the samples... the trio of This is a War Universe, The Obelisk and She Hunts Them in the Afterlife are sounding particularly strong.

Do I detect a Nine Inch Nails vibe in the latter track?

I guess no update yet on when this release is available. Hoping to pick up this one and the previous LP at the same time. No worries, I can wait.... ;)
By hncreature
Good call and in the collection for sure!
By ESPECTROSTATIC
Yeah, I actually do make my living as a composer, but it's mostly doing advertising related work. I've scored a few short films, and have a feature on the horizon. I'd love nothing more than to score genre films all the time!

As far as Touring Europe goes, the Hex Dispensers are hoping to come back in the spring, but no Espectrostatic plans yet. I still haven't performed it live, but my wife Alyse and I plan to at some point.
By phantomnoir
I'd love to catch the Hex Dispensers. Who's your booking agent? Would be nice to do something here in the French Alps.
By ESPECTROSTATIC
Thanks! I'm not really a big NIN fan, but I do love the Reznor/Ross film scores, so maybe that creeped in there somehow. I think I was wanting to do something Godflesh-esque on Afterlife with the distorted bass, but the end result was a lot less brutal. I'll push that aspect harder on future attempts!
By phantomnoir
Alright. I'll wait for an official announcement from Otis Tours. We'll sort something when the time is right.
By ironjaiden
Wow, Escape From Witchtropolis is great! The title track and Obelisk are definite standouts for me.
By syndicate
@ Spun You should also join the Trouble In Mind mailing list. They always release a color vinyl bundle of their latest records, usually 2 to 3 records a month. TIM release fantastic records of psych, psych pop, psych folk, garage rock, instrumental, and any other genre I have forgotten. I have purchased every bundle for over a year and I have not regretted any of them. My only regret is not buying the bundles from the beginning of the TIM catalog.
By thenuthouse
@Spun: I totally support syndicate in their suggestion. Sometimes, those bundles expose you to some great acts you wouldn't otherwise have gotten into. When I bought that first Espectrostatic LP, it was a lovely introduction to Jeffrey Novak, and a great reminder of why I should explore the Liminanas catalog more thoroughly.

If you like psych at all, you should seek out two of Trouble In Mind's newest releases from Ultimate Painting and the Paperhead. Combined with Acid Baby Jesus' newest on Slovenly, this fall has been really good to those who like psych pop.
By DrRhythm
Trouble In Mind is an excellent label - the Morgan Delt album is one of this year's best.