A place where bands (horror, soundtrack,...inspired) can introduce themselves and promote their releases, gigs,...

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By albatard
Was just thinking that Legowelt wasn't getting enough love on this board.
As this guy's discography is pages long (if you consider all his different aliases), i know that it can be really difficult to know where to start. So i decided to post a few links once in a while of tracks that i consider to be essential, ad that should appeal to any analog synths lover here.
By albatard
Legowelt - Equestrian 707
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ndf-RiPVUCs[/video]

This might be the most frustrating Legowelt track ever, as it didn't get any physical release (to my knowledge). Video is good, track is both danceable and weird, love it!
By albatard
Legowelt - The Rise And Fall Of Manuel Noriega
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abQLc7FpoaY[/video]

This is the release that got me into his work. This is a kind of soundtrack to a non-existing jungle-action movie.
Released in 2008 as a CD-R on his own label Strange Life Records, this was also released as 2 separates 12'' on Panzerkreuz Records in 2011. As most of his LP releases, they have no covers, only a stamped Panzerkreuz logo on a white sleeve, no labels...
By Spun out of control
Legowelt is a name I've seen crop up mainly through his remixes for others, so thanks for the heads up on where to start digging into his synthy-soundtracky work.

A potential DW Originals release? (We're all gradually becoming A&R men on this board)

The 707 clip is crazy - are those inserts from a particular film, anyone know?
By albatard
Glad that you liked!

I think, if my memory is right, that the 707 clip was specially shot for that track, no inserts here...but i'm really not 100% sure.

I know that the guys from Giallo Disco wanted to release something from him (under his Franz Falkenhaus monicker) but the guy seems so busy it was hard to get in touch with him...Would be great to have him on DW Originals!

Will post more stuff later (i think that i own around 80 of his physical releases), so many good records!

Oh yeah, by the way i'm seeing him tonight for the 1rst time ever, playing a live soundtrack to Herzog's Aguirre...CAN'T WAIT!!!
By DrRhythm
I've always had an irrational aversion to the name and have never investigated but I think Legowelt may now become my new obsession!
By albatard
Be careful, this is an expensive obsession!!
If, like me, you also fall into his techno/house stuff (really not the kind of music i'm used to listen to), this obsession will turn into nightmare!!! So many stuff...i still i miss around 20 of his releases now (will have to check on discogs someday).
By albatard
Florenza Mavelli's Special Brigade
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsHCzAxoNjs[/video]
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7elRK12fvw[/video]
Incredible fake soundtrack to a "Poliziotteschi" movie, F.Mavelli's Special Brigade is a pure gem!
Released as a CD-R in 2009 on Strange Life Records, i'll strongly discourage you to buy the 2014 LP release as it only features 6 of the 14 tracks of the CD-R.

On the CD-R you'll also get the story of this fake movie :

"Milano 1981. The times are violent and dangerous. Left wing terrorist groups an organized crime is all over the place. Kidnapping, bombing and robbing the city. The last hope is the Special Brigade, an elite police intervention unit.

But it's not easy being in the Special Brigade... It's all one big facade.
They are insufficiently trained and casualty rate is high. The missions are doomed to fail, leaving innocent hostages and bystanders wouded or dead.

Jack is one of the few honest brigade officers. While his friends and colleagues die one by one, he is determined to cleanse the city of crime and terror.

When the terrorists take an all-girl boarding school hostage the Special Brigade is called in...

In a fury of violence, nearly all the schoolgirls and Special Brigade members are killed. During the aftermath, Jack is accused of being expressively reckless and is put on forced leave. Without a polite badge, he decides to go on a personal vendetta. He soon finds a strange ally in the old-style mafia boss Scorlenzi, who is also after the terrorists... "

THIS RULES!
By Spun out of control
This is sounding more in the Giallo Disco vein... like it, so will have to delve into this more, as you say, if funds allow!

Does this fall under the heading of 'synth wave' would you say, another thread that I started a while back?
By albatard
I really don't know about labels, as english is not my mother tongue, this is sometime so confusing to me...I'm more a Metal guy originaly, so all these terms are obscure to me.

Legowelt once speak about one release this way
"Raw as fuck autistic Star Trek 1987- Misty Forests- X-FILES,- DETROIT unicorn futurism made on cheap ass digital & analog crap synthesizers recorded in a ragtag bedroom studio on a TEAC VHX cassettedeck in DOLBY C with an unintelligible yet soulfull vivacity."

Well...sure...
By albatard
Thanks!!
I'll post about that release is a couple of minutes!
By albatard
Legowelt - The TEAC Life
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cuJFJ6_uDk[/video]

A really really odd one, not the most easy to get into it...took me quite a while, but now it's one i spin the most often.
Orinally released as free MP3 on his website in 2011, this was released a couple of months later as a 4 LP set...all LP's are also available individually (which is, i think, totally stupid).
A really long record, hard to listen in one breath, but really worth checking out...some of his darkest/weirdest stuff

There's a sound around 2:40 in that track that always reminds me of Cannibal Holocaust's soundtrack
By albatard
Yeah, Viewlexx is connected to The Hague scene since a long time now...lots of Hague label on it, seems legit to me!
By zuko
Cool beans, quite a bit cheaper than hunting down a CDr for £20 on Discogs!
By albatard
Yeah i was surprised, 4€ is a decent price!
I still have to buy a few of his CD-R to complete my collection...but mostly smackos stuff...his project that i like the less.
By albatard
other topic was created in the ARTIST / GENRE SPECIFIC FORUM.
This one can rest in peace