A place where bands (horror, soundtrack,...inspired) can introduce themselves and promote their releases, gigs,...

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By dahousen
We have new Shellac album in one week. I'm a fan of that stuff since I have memory (midland noise rock, post-hardcore, math), but sometimes I disagree with the guy, Albini, the same guy who recorded Nirvana's In Utero, Pixies debut or the reunion of Silver Apples (electronic music!)

Thoughts of electronic music (at least he respects Kraftwerk and White Noise)
http://www.electricalaudio.com/phpBB3/v ... 16#p145516
By bansel
Man, I started reading that post from the beginning and I got caught up in it. It goes so off topic and funny but I couldn't stop reading! I do understand what Albini is saying about certain dance music being "functional", and I myself am not a fun of "that sorta stuff" lol. But the term "electronic music" can cover such a broad spectrum that I think the conversation got confused there. It sounds like he is referring more to the rave/club culture and what he associates with that. Albini is kinda a jaded prick though.

On a side note, "Prayer To God" is one of the most intense songs ever, and I've always dug Shellac. Saw them a few years ago and it was a really great show. Albinis belt buckle clip in lieu of guitar strap is also pretty damn cool :-)
By dahousen
Hahaha yes, some conversations in EA forum are very catchy, I used to write there. The thing about the functionality of the electronic music is absurb, there are thousand of examples, Squarepusher, Silver Apples, Herbi Hancock... he recodnise that in other posts, not every electronic music was made for dance, and some dance music is just awesome despite their purpose. If we take into account functionality I can imagine what's his opinions about Film Score. He is a dickhead in some topics, but, it's just his opinion.

MAN, I wouldn't forget my 'Prayer To God' moment in Primavera Sound Barcelona 2012 in 10 lifes, wooooooow, thats a music live expreience. I just love that band.