Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By antimax
Hey all, I know it might be silly to ask, considering the subscription only recently ended, but I'm looking for the Finder Keepers box set of 7" soundtracks. I didn't pay for the subscription because shipping to the states was VERY high! Anyone wanting/willing to part with theirs? Thanks!
By hausu
Slightly off topic but I bought the subscription for this box set and it cost £30 to ship to Australia. However it only cost Finders Keepers £10 to send two small, unregistered packets to me! I don't mind paying more for postage if the package is tracked and securely sent, but it certainly wasn't in this case.
I have e-mailed them about it twice...at first I was told I must be mistaken about the costings(?) and when I protested I was simply told that the price of packaging and cost of labour bumped it up! But three times the price??!
Do I have any right to be pissed or am I just dumb for agreeing to pay such high shipping costs in the first place?
By chandler75
You have a right to be pissed off :)

The way I see it, any label or store that charges more than the actual shipping cost (plus maybe a little extra for packaging and labor) are either trying to secretly bump up the cost of the record or simply don't care enough about their customers to make a little effort to actually only charge the cost. Both are bad and a sure way to piss off loyal customers.
By antimax
Wasn't the shipping expensive because it was a subscription-based thing? You were basically paying for them to ship you records 3 (?) times up front, right?

Also... Anyone got a set to spare? :)
By lazyben
I wrote to them about the shipping for this and the second dim sub as it was insane and a few other things I bought from them around the same time also had crazy shipping charges. I go back a long way (twisted nerve release 1) with them and they historically hadn't been that bad with shipping.

They said they'd had some problems with the new website and, to be fair, shipping charges have returned to more reasonable levels since then. I would have preferred a partial refund on the shipping for the sub stuff though as it was multiples more than it cost them.
By antimax
Just checking-in again… anyone want to part with their box set? :)
By lazyben
I'm not interested in parting with mine but you know you can buy all the 7s individually right? All you got for the extra is a box and a mix cd which are nice but not necessarily worth the markup.
By antimax
@lazyben - Where are you finding these individually? Somewhere online? My local shop had one of the 7"s, but I kind of want a whole set or nothing, yeh know. Cuz… My brain is silly like that.
By lazyben
Finders keepers has sold them all individually and the usual suspects had them for sale (norman records is showing 4 of them right now). FK might be showing out of stock right now but I happen to know that they got a bunch of represses of these in this week (they had a lot of pressing problems with these and I'm waiting for a replacement kreep01 before I can file my box away).
By BasementHorror
@antimax...if you're in the US, I would check Mount Analog...

They only have three of the five 7" at the moment, but I am sure they will probably be getting the last 2 in soon, as I believe they are the distro for Finders Keepers in the US.
By antimax
@BasementHorror - Thanks, I live by Mt. Analog actually, been talking to them about the box set… haven't been there in a little while though, thanks for the heads up!
By XdothedewX
Thanks for the info about Mount Analog, been wanting to pick up some Finders Keepers stuff but never wanted to pay the shipping.