Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By static14
I'm looking for Carpenter's score for Christine. Not the MoTown album, I all ready have that.

If anyone has a copy they'd be willing to part with please let me know :)
By vi_resmusic
static14 wrote:I'm looking for Carpenter's score for Christine. Not the MoTown album, I all ready have that.

If anyone has a copy they'd be willing to part with please let me know :)
Hi rarely see this album but when i do the price is pretty high.
A reissue is needed.
By Mateo Sanboval
vi_resmusic wrote: Hi rarely see this album but when i do the price is pretty high.
I don't even want to talk about it.
By monsterworship
hasn't been one sold on discogs since last may. and that euro one is like a buck fifty.

I am thankful that I got a hook up from a board member last year in exchange for a new mondo release.

i'm sure one will turn up soon. i'll keep an eye out as well.

i see a zillion of the compilations around compared to this one.
By deafmetal
@static - What is your budget? I thought somebody from this board would have splurged on the Euro copy on discogs by now. I have a copy of the CD that I keep in my car at all times.
By static14
I have the cd as well. That copy on Discogs plus international shipping... Oof I can't bring myself to spend that kind of money on one record.
By Hatter313
HAHA! i just went on discogs to see how much it was....no thank you....

Also the moment one of us pulls the trigger on this, one of our labels here is going to announce the inevitable reissue.

HINT HINT COUGH COUGH
By Mateo Sanboval
Hatter313 wrote: Also the moment one of us pulls the trigger on this, one of our labels here is going to announce the inevitable reissue.
Fact not opinion. It never fails. On a related note, why was this the first score that saw such a limited initial release and subsequent repressing? It makes a bit more sense from Body Bags onward to me both musically and in terms of the films' popularity. There is a clear demand for Christine; not just vocally on message boards like this, but also in second hand sale prices and the scarcity of those transactions. I wonder if JC himself has something against this particular score or if there is a trickier rights issue at play than on previous scores.
By deafmetal
In my opinion, some of the tracks on Christine are Carpeneter's best works of driving minimal techno. Deserves a reissue!