Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By fanboy
I'm a bit of a Halloween nut and collect just about anything to do with the original films. I've already got the DW sub and color releases. I'm looking for the black releases for these. I'm never sure on ordering from anywhere online with sealed ones not knowing the color they have. If anybody here has the black releases (preferably in the US) let me know.
By ghostfires
I know two record shops here in town that carry both of them, sealed and new...I would presume that since they were ordered for US retail...they're the black editions, right? If so...I can pick them both up and trade you something for them if you'd like? They're brand new/sealed, so I'd have to rely on the word of the record shops but I'm sure they would know what they got in.

Let me know...I could pick them up this weekend if you want me to.
By maxvelvet
Uhm, maybe I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure that both release are only available in colored vinyl. If I remember well only the first 6 DW release were also in black vinyl. ;)
By fanboy
@ghostfires if you want to ask your local shop if they are black that would be great. Let me know an we can work out a deal.
By ghostfires
@fanboy - Sure thing, I think I'll have time tomorrow morning to stop by there and check with them. I'll get back with you asap once I know.

If you're up for trading - you can check out my want list on discogs...
By fanboy
@ghostfires, have you had a chance to check your shop for these? No worries if you haven't, just checking.
By ghostfires
@fanboy - wow I'm so sorry I completely forgot about this post! I did check with both stores, they both say the copies are black. Now, these are just part time employees at a record shop telling me this...whether or not they care enough to actually know what they're talking about is completely up in the air. I was under the assumption that ALL copies that went to U.S. retailers were black editions, with the exception of LITA picking up the colored vinyl. That would lead me also to believe that these two Halloween scores are indeed black vinyl.

If you'd still like me to pick them up, just let me know. I will be in town all week this week, so it would be a perfect opportunity for me to grab them both.

By fanboy
@ghostfires, thanks for checking! Shoot me an e-mail and we can move this out of the thread.

foxmxer at gmail dot com
By ghostfires
@fanboy - emailed!