Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By philball1974
Does anyone have a good copy to sell me? UK preferably!
By Re-animated Cat
Phil, I picked this up on the 'Bay a couple of years ago. I've seen copies since then, so they do pop up every so often. Of course there are some on Discogs too, but slightly over-priced in my view. Think I paid £16.00 all in. Great album.
By philball1974
Yeah I've seen the Discogs **EXTREMELY RARE** versions but dont really want to pay top end prices.

It s the biggest drawback of listening to vinyl when your music tastes change and you really want to grab older stuff thats no longer available in shops. Its the one advantage digital does have i guess.

By Re-animated Cat
The trick is to be patient. You'll snag a copy of this eventually - it isn't that rare (1000 copies, I seem to remember). Also if you haven't already, then do check out his other stuff (under his own name).

An example of patience - last year I finally completed my SotL collection on a trip to NY. After almost 10 years of searching, there it was - their first album, going cheap in a second hand store in Brooklyn.
By philball1974
Yeah I also heard they were going to de doing some SotL reissues so I've held back on a couple of those, although I did pay £25 for an original press of The Ballasted Orchestra which was a bargain.
By Re-animated Cat
They've repressed 'Tired Sounds' a couple of times, last time was in 2008 - I remember Kranky stating at the time that they will never do it again. It's clearly a very expensive and difficult set to press, not only the packaging, but the pressing quality needs to be top notch. A cheapo pressing plant wouldn't stand a chance! I would think a repress of 'Refinement...' is more likely (if any), released to coincide with their new album. Just my guess, but who knows?