Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

Featuring musicians Massimo Morante, Fabio Pignatelli, Agostino Marangolo, Maurizio Guarini, and Aidan Zammit.

Oct 25: Thalia Hall, Chicago, IL (w/ Morricone Youth)

Oct 26: The Opera House, Toronto, ON (w/ Morricone Youth)

Oct 27: Theatre Fairmount, Montreal, QC (w/ Morricone Youth)

Oct 28: Higher Ground, South Burlington, VT (w/ Morricone Youth)

Oct 30: The Sinclair, Cambridge, MA (w/ Morricone Youth)

Oct 31: Union Transfer, Philadelphia, PA (w/ Morricone Youth)

Nov 2: Regent Theater, Los Angeles, CA (w/ Mondo Drag)

Nov 3: UC Theatre, Berkeley, CA (w/ Mondo Drag)

Nov 5: Neumos, Seattle, WA (w/ Mondo Drag)

Nov 6: Wonder Ballroom, Portland, OR (w/ Mondo Drag)

Nov 8: Center Stage, Atlanta, GA (w/ Morricone Youth)

Nov 9: Exit/In, Nashville, TN (w/ Morricone Youth)

Nov 10: Lincoln Theatre, Raleigh, NC (w/ Morricone Youth)

Nov 11: Baltimore Soundstage, Baltimore, MD (w/ Morricone Youth)

Nov 12: Irving Plaza, NY, NY (w/ Morricone Youth)

I will update this post with ticket links soon.
Years ago i had tickets to a Goblin show in NYC at Irving Plaza which was cancelled at the last minute, very upsetting. Glad to have a second chance. I'm seeing Morricone Youth this Friday, so it will be cool to catch them twice this year.

Going to be one hell of fall, Oct. 29th Fabio Frizzi, November 4-5 Mondo-con (and likely Frizzi again that Friday even), November 12th Goblin.....now all i need is carpenter to decide to do another tour for the week after and i'll be all set haha.
Hatter313 wrote:Years ago i had tickets to a Goblin show in NYC at Irving Plaza which was cancelled at the last minute, very upsetting. Glad to have a second chance. I'm seeing Morricone Youth this Friday, so it will be cool to catch them twice this year.

Going to be one hell of fall, Oct. 29th Fabio Frizzi, November 4-5 Mondo-con (and likely Frizzi again that Friday even), November 12th Goblin.....now all i need is carpenter to decide to do another tour for the week after and i'll be all set haha.

HAHAHA i just realized i wished for JC to do a tour the week after on this thread, and he obliged...unfortunately i can't go :(
deafmetal wrote:
vinyljunkie wrote:Can anyone please update with pics of merchandise on this tour -- going to their last show on this tour in NYC this Sunday!
I will try to get a photo tonight.

@Mateo - did you catch the Seattle show last night?
I did indeed! With a brutal hangover from a good friend's weeding the night before. I skulked in just after the opener, stood almost all the way in the center back, and approached neither the stage nor the merch table. And especially not the bar. Good God.

It was still a great time.
deafmetal wrote:
vinyljunkie wrote:Can anyone please update with pics of merchandise on this tour -- going to their last show on this tour in NYC this Sunday!
I will try to get a photo tonight.

@Mateo - did you catch the Seattle show last night?
Cool, thanks! and enjoy...
@Mateo - Glad you enjoyed the wedding... and even made the Goblin show! Well done.

My first time seeing this Goblin line-up with Pignatelli, Marangolo, and Aidan Zammit.

Soundcheck was fun, looking forward to the set. I have also never heard Mondo Drag before.

Here is all the merch for @vinyljunkie:

Large prints $40, shirts $30, etc. Apologies for the crap photos, but that's all I got.
Ooof... the band slayed yet again tonight. By the time they were closing the set with Zombi, the crowd was frothing and wailing. I loved the interaction between Aidan Zammit and Maurizio Guarini (who was just on fire tonight). A bit loose here and there, but I was so stoked to hear Marangola on the kit (dude is a monster!) and Pignatelli on bass. They brought down the house!

Guarini seemed to be having a blast tonight. I love all the classics, especially Tenebre, which is always my favorite, but Buio Omega really nailed it for me tonight -- that funk bass! They also played In the Name of Goblin from the Four of a Kind album to great effect. You know a band has a great draw when they get huge applause at a packed house on a Monday night in Portland:

The crowd demanded the encore though, and E Suono Rock from Il Fantastico Viaggio pretty much blew my mind -- Zammit was wailing on the mic! Incredible show, so stoked right now, and I have to be up for work in just a few hours. Here is the full set list:

Pretty much can't wait to see them again... it was four years between the last show here and tonight. Long live Goblin!
Last edited by deafmetal on Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Four years? Can it have been that long? Holy smokes.

Great writeup, Deaf. Your concert accountings always shame me. Even un-hungover I'm such an in-the-moment concert goer that I never think to snap the right snaps. The crowd was really into it in SEA as well. How was Mondo Drag?
deafmetal wrote:@Mateo - Glad you enjoyed the wedding... and even made the Goblin show! Well done.

My first time seeing this Goblin line-up with Pignatelli, Marangolo, and Aidan Zammit.

Soundcheck was fun, looking forward to the set. I have also never heard Mondo Drag before.

Here is all the merch for @vinyljunkie:

Large prints $40, shirts $30, etc. Apologies for the crap photos, but that's all I got.
Thanks so much for the pics @deafmetal!! So looking forward to Sunday...
@Bez - Goblin (in whatever form) always seems to get the crowd moving. Some of those tracks from Deep Red, Suspiria, and Zombi are just so well-known that people can't help but get excited to hear them performed live. They are all great musicians that really know how to work a crowd.

@Mateo - I come from a line of newspapermen, so it might just be in my blood. I'm usually down in the crowd with a drink in hand though, so my photos are usually poor. I doubt I will ever make the move to just be another photog in the wings. Mondo Drag was decent psych/groove/rock, mining a heavy 60's/70's vibe. The vocals on some songs did not do much for me, but those usually aren't my thing.
Well, I guess I’ll put this here... :) Spencer let drop that he's doing tenebre, phenomena, and deep red as well through whatever deal he made for suspiria, should be nice handsome editions
show in new york last night was incredible, just...wow....