Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By texasvinyl

Me after seeing everything on display at the EMP museum in Seattle. They have a "Can't Look Away" horror movie exhibit right now. So much awesome stuff!!!
By deafmetal
Nice, I love those kinds of museum displays. I have not been the EMP, but I should visit on my next trip to Seattle.

I have fond memories of a scifi/horror film "special effects" display at the Science Museum of Minnesota when I was young. I remember the centerpiece of the exhibit was the full-sized xenomorph queen vs. Ripley in the power loader from Aliens, as random as that is to remember right now. I had forgotten about that. I also remember the werewolf head piece from American Werewolf in London. Just awesome stuff. The queen looked enormous, and they were playing the scene on repeat on some tv displays in the room. If I remember correctly, I saw that before ever seeing the film.
By texasvinyl
They had a full size xenomorph! And a facehugger, a filming miniature of the refinery & spaceship, Ripley's flamethrower, concept art. Inigo Montoya's six fingered glove. Brundlefly! The SFX board from Frankenstein and Bride of Frankenstein. Luke Skywalker's lightsaber, Dorothy's dress and the wicked witch's hat from wizard of Oz. Interview video with John Carpenter. So much stuff!!

I put a few pics into an album: https://imgur.com/a/aT0zZ