Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

Yeah that was a little nuts, and I'm not entirely convoyed that all those tickets went to attendees, The MM sold out instantly, very strange.
I'm gettin in stupid early on Friday so I can see some more of Austin that I didn't realllybget a chance to last year. Going to check out Vulcan video for sure, sounds like the old Kim's video in New York (RIP).

Otherwise I'm sure I'll seek out some familiar faces at the bar Friday night, cheers.
The Cult Leader wrote:We'll be playing poker Friday night in line for mondocon.
Well that's tempting...
Hello Austin, hope you guys are all getting in alright. Nice to see Cult got here bright and early and is some absurdly low number in line haha.
Stoked to meet Clint Mansell!
I encouraged him to possibly bring his live show to more cities in the US and elsewhere. I will try to see if we could bring his band to Portland in the future. He was kind enough to sign The Fountain for me:
Extra copies were not happening though:
About to head into the screening/Q&A. Having a good time so far, and have met up with many forum members. Some people are guessing that the mystery movie might be Blade Runner... too bad it was impossible to get tickets!
If any of you are not going to the mystery movie, that rats documentary is starting on discovery in a minute, I'm watching the last minute or so now and the soundtrack is as excellent as spencer said it was today.
The Fountain was an intense screening, and the crowd seemed very engaged. The Clint Mansell Q&A was interesting and insightful, and also seemed to be quite emotional for him:
It was his first viewing of the film since his girlfriend passed away two years ago, and if you have seen the film, then the impact of that should be obvious. A special event, and my highlight of the weekend so far.

As for places to go in Austin, Conan's Pizza is pretty rad:
It went well with my old tape score from End of an Ear!
A few final highlights:

Graveface Records weirdness:

People love artists:

TAG workin' the Lakeshore Records booth:

Prints beyond prints:

Silent auction for charity:

^Star Wars set went for over $2K

Mad Balls on display:

He-Man figures:

Batman figurine, Harley Quinn in the rear:

Ghoulish Gary (a favorite):

Art being created everywhere, inside and out:

Oh yeah, did I mention the food?
^Mmm brisket

How about Le Matos live?!
A really enjoyable ending to a long weekend in Austin. It was great to see everybody again, and to be able to spend some time catching up and trading stories. Until next time...

Happy Halloween!
The Cult Leader wrote:First bit of Mondocon vinyl goodness.
Hey Cult when you get chance could you let me know if this has the DW logo on the sleeve / if it has a catalogue no: on the label or deadwax , trying to work out if i NEED it for my deathwaltz colection , cheers hope you had a good weekend