Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

Hey guys, any of you in the NY area, Milan announced that Sakamoto will be signing copies of the revenant LP at Other Music. Details below:

http://milanrecords.com/2371-2/

I contacted Milan to see if my pre order will ship before then, but likely not as its actually day before the release day. finger crossed though. :)
I'm in NYC and also hoping to get mine before release date (ordered from Barnes & Noble) so that I can take it to the signing -- don't want to have to buy it twice!
Hatter313 wrote:Hey guys, any of you in the NY area, Milan announced that Sakamoto will be signing copies of the revenant LP at Other Music. Details below:

I contacted Milan to see if my pre order will ship before then, but likely not as its actually day before the release day. finger crossed though. :)
Let me know what Milan tells you!
vinyljunkie wrote:I'm in NYC and also hoping to get mine before release date (ordered from Barnes & Noble) so that I can take it to the signing -- don't want to have to buy it twice!
Hatter313 wrote:Hey guys, any of you in the NY area, Milan announced that Sakamoto will be signing copies of the revenant LP at Other Music. Details below:

Webstore just responded, they said it was in processing and that i would be notified when it ships. felt like a form letter and they probably didn't really read why I was asking, or it means they did read it and processed the order in advance, but I doubt it. here's the email:

"Hello Chris,

Your order is currently processing. Once it ships from our warehouse, we'll send you an email with tracking.

Thank you for your patience.

Best,

Daniel
Milan Records Store"

I had also sent an email to the label directly which may garner a more personal response, They are out of a larger web store now I think and it was definitely a "this question is about shipping, this is the order status, thanks for you patience" type thing.

If it doesn't come, I may just go ahead and buy a second copy at other music, get it signed and then sell the mail ordered one at cost obviously.

But I'd rather not do that, but the chance to meet Sakamoto and get something signed is too much of a treat, y'know. such a cool guy and such a great composer.
Thanks for the info Chris -- I'll probably do the same if my B&N copy doesn't come in on time -- my only issue is I hope they don't cap the event and we can buy the record that same evening and get it signed!
Hatter313 wrote:Webstore just responded, they said it was in processing and that i would be notified when it ships. felt like a form letter and they probably didn't really read why I was asking, or it means they did read it and processed the order in advance, but I doubt it. here's the email:

"Hello Chris,

Your order is currently processing. Once it ships from our warehouse, we'll send you an email with tracking.

Thank you for your patience.

Best,

Daniel
Milan Records Store"

I had also sent an email to the label directly which may garner a more personal response, They are out of a larger web store now I think and it was definitely a "this question is about shipping, this is the order status, thanks for you patience" type thing.

If it doesn't come, I may just go ahead and buy a second copy at other music, get it signed and then sell the mail ordered one at cost obviously.

But I'd rather not do that, but the chance to meet Sakamoto and get something signed is too much of a treat, y'know. such a cool guy and such a great composer.