Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Hatter313
The Cult Leader wrote:One of the reasons why I love Taxi driver so much. It puts an emphasis on the old New York vibe. Would have been a trip growing up in the 60s - 70s.
I get the same vibe from The French Connection....and Basket Case
By Mateo Sanboval
The Cult Leader wrote:One of the reasons why I love Taxi driver so much. It puts an emphasis on the old New York vibe. Would have been a trip growing up in the 60s - 70s.
Seriously. Watch Wolfen. That's the Bronx, unadulterated. Place looked like a fucking war zone.

That first one is a great shot of the aforementioned Alphabet City, btw.
By Hatter313
Oh hell yeah Wolfen, I always forget that movie when talking about NYC flicks. that whole setting is really a historical snapshot, that neighborhood looks NOTHING like that these days.

I grew up just north of the Pelham Bay area of the Bronx, so pretty close to where they filmed those scenes, maybe 20 minutes by car.

Another good snapshot of that urban decay in NY is, I kid you not, Batteries not Included. some serious shots of the east village in-between the artists and the hipsters when it was a complete wreck. Coming to America, especially the subway scenes, are a real relic. the trains looked like that when i was really young and my grandfather would show me the city, but I can't remember the last time I got on a train even remotely tagged up, certainly not in the last decade.

@Mateo, you used to be one of us over here right? do I remember that correctly?
By Mateo Sanboval
Hatter313 wrote: @Mateo, you used to be one of us over here right? do I remember that correctly?

Jawohl, mein Hatter.
By Aremagod
monsterworship wrote:Did you pay the $5 extra dollars to have a ticket sent to you :)
I did because printing out the ticket just isn't the same.....I'm stupid that way.
By deafmetal
Aremagod wrote:Is it too early to be excited?
Not at all. It's not every day you get a ticket to a potentially once-in-a-lifetime experience. It will be interesting to see if this becomes something of a late second career for John Carpenter, or if he gets his fill of touring after a single year.
By deafmetal
I have an extra GA ticket for the NYC show that I will sell for $40 or best offer. Send me a PM if interested.

edit: Sold!
Last edited by deafmetal on Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By monsterworship
Who all is going to NYC show?

I have VIP tickets for Sunday in PIttsburgh, but i decided to bday treat myself to a double dip and still going through with my original NYC plan.
By Aremagod
monsterworship wrote:Who all is going to NYC show?

I have VIP tickets for Sunday in PIttsburgh, but i decided to bday treat myself to a double dip and still going through with my original NYC plan.
I'm going to both NYC and the Philly show.
By deafmetal
NYC sold out! Awesome, hope you all have a blast.

@monster - The JC experience makes for a great birthday party. I enjoyed my 40th quite a lot. :)
By Hatter313
I'll be there :) unbelievably excited.