Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Hatter313
He seems to be moving in a westerly direction @deaf, fingers crossed he's coming your way :)
By deafmetal
@Hatter - I hope so! If he only plays NYC, it's going to be a trial to pull off the trip. I just finished up negotiating a trip to LA to catch Clint Mansell next month.
By Hatter313
That's awesome! Well if you do find yourself over this way, let me know for sure.
By Mateo Sanboval
monsterworship wrote:That's my birthday, I'll be making the trip out, unless they announce other shows by Saturday when tickets go on sale :)
Mine, too, MW. Unfortunately, I will be on another coast. Hopefully the young man will go west.
By Hatter313
Tickets purchased! Oh Man, Sakamoto signing in three weeks, Iggy the Monday before, the Cure in June and now Carpenter in July...and god knows what Mondo et al will whip out for mondocon this year...
By vinyljunkie
never mind saw they went on sale at noon -- i'll pick them up on monday at the box office and save on fees -- hopefully doesnt sell out in the meantime
By Hatter313
yeah man, I kind of feel a little stupid not just picking them up on the way home, i have to pass through TS anyway. ah well.

Lets connect at the Sakamoto thing if you go though
By Aremagod
$11.50 service charge and $5.00 to get a printed ticket.......such bullshit.

Edit: I still bought a ticket....just need to bitch about extra fees.....just make the tickets $50 bucks and don't tell me about the damn fees.
By monsterworship
boughted!

I also thought they went on sale tomorrow (saturday) according to the initial post.
Luckily a friend hit me up with info cause i would have been pissed if it sold out in the interim.
By Hatter313
Aremagod wrote:$11.50 service charge and $5.00 to get a printed ticket.......such bullshit.

Edit: I still bought a ticket....just need to bitch about extra fees.....just make the tickets $50 bucks and don't tell me about the damn fees.

This...just tell me the ticket is $50, i don't care how you break it down, and I get really annoyed when i see that its a "convenience fee" for online ordering, as if anyone in the world today goes to a real box office 9/10 times. Its 2016, the internet hasn't been a gimmick for a long time now. I'm a big boy, i can deal with $50 tickets
By Hatter313
monsterworship wrote:boughted!

I also thought they went on sale tomorrow (saturday) according to the initial post.
Luckily a friend hit me up with info cause i would have been pissed if it sold out in the interim.
yeah, the initial post had the wrong date, but the venue had the right one posted. Hit me up when you are up here man! Grab a drink before the show, will be cool to see ya.
By Hatter313
Dude! that's great, reach out when you are in town!
By Aremagod
deafmetal wrote:Ticket secured. This will be my first time in NYC. At least I already know what to expect:
I long for the seedy days of Times Square........it's Disneyland with some crime now.
By Hatter313
Aremagod wrote:
deafmetal wrote:Ticket secured. This will be my first time in NYC. At least I already know what to expect:
I long for the seedy days of Times Square........it's Disneyland with some crime now.

Yeah...but its been that way for almost 20 years now, if not more. I barely remember the danger days, and really only as things my grandparents and parents talked about when i was really little.

I told my father I was going to restaurant on Avenue A once and he had to stop a moment and remember what year it was. the concept of wandering around alphabet city at night was so terryfyingly foreign to him growing up in the 60's, he had a moment of parental fear. hah. this is a man who lived a few blocks from times square from 14 to 25.