Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By texasvinyl
What about the actual show time? It says 8-11, but I'm guessing it won't be a 3-hour performance. Trying to figure out what time I need to leave zilker park.
By deafmetal
@texas - I asked Mondo Support your question, and they said the show should start close to 8pm and run for ~90 minutes or so. They are planning to send out more information this week.
By deafmetal
Tonight in Austin! I have been looking forward to this night for years...
By Hatter313
Standing in line for frizzi! Pretty sure cult leader and vinylost just walked by me. See y'all inside!
By deafmetal
What an incredible night out in Austin, TX. I was able to meet @Spencer, Mo from Mondo, Daniele De Gemini from Beat Records, forum members @horrornasties @TheCultLeader @Hatter313 and @VinylOST, not to mention the Maestro himself. :)

It looks like Frizzi is traveling with a smaller band for the US tour (compared to the shows in London), but they were able to create a very large sound. It was great to hear the Saint Frankenstein track, which I had not heard before, along with a cover of a ripping tune from a Mario Bava film (which one did he say?). Here are some photos:

The venue, Central Presbyterian Church:

A small, intimate stage framed by stained glass windows:

Queue outside the door:

The pews were packed:

Spencer and Mo introducing the band:

Magical moments ensued...

Incredible show. Would love to see it again it some day.
By NMA
You are sooo lucky :/
By Spun out of control
Many thanks for posting the photos @deaf... helps bring it to life for those of us over the pond... ;)

As you say, looks like a smaller set up than his Barbican show in London last October, but I bet the acoustics in that church were great - and what a fitting venue for some horror soundtrack performance. Frizzi comes across as a warm hearted bloke - trust you found the same

And MondoCon today to look forward to!
By deafmetal
The acoustics in the church sounded excellent to me. The band spent a lot of time on the sound check to get it all dialed in perfectly. One stand-out track for me was the theme from Contraband, what a tune!

Check out this picture that @Spencer posted on Instagram, great shot of the show:

By texasvinyl
Great pics thanks for posting! Sounds like a good time was had by all.
By bpwlogan
Thanks for posting this for us@deaf. Looks like an unbelievable night! Hope you all enjoy the rest of the events down there this weekend!
By lazyben
The beyondfest (LA) soundcheck was awesome. Fabio noticed me rocking out and mentioned it at the signing session.

Bought the two DW LPs and a bunch of Fabio CDs and now back in my seat waiting for the show proper to start.
By deafmetal
Enjoy the show @lazyben!
By deafmetal
Occhi Di Brace/Apoteosi Del Mistero from City of the Living Dead:

[video]https://youtu.be/mqoQjJcp4qI[/video]

I am still smiling when I think about how great this show was. When I got back home to Portland yesterday, I jokingly told my girlfriend to pack her bags, as we were going to hit the road the catch the last three remaining shows...
By Aremagod
@deaf I have a Philly VIP ticket for you if you do ;)
By deafmetal
@Aremagod - I wish, I really do. I actually still have VIP tickets for Toronto before I decided to go to MondoCon. I am giving them away to anybody who wants them.
By lazyben
@deafmetal somebody should be biting you hand off for those tickets. It is indeed a great show and Fabio is a lovely man so the VIP thing makes it even better.
By Frizzle-Frizzi
Someone who arleady bought the frizzi 2 fulci lp can confirm about the Edition? I mean its a DW "original" or " regular" Dw realese?

Tx
By deafmetal
@lazyben - Fully agreed. Fabio was very generous with his time, and I found him to be very warm and genuine in his interaction with all of us as fans. Spencer was kind enough to take a photo for me:

I dared to bring the Beat holy trinity sleeves with me to Austin, and they are now even more treasured by me:

The guy in line behind me had the largest Fulci posters I have ever seen, including this French poster for The Beyond. He had a monster two-piece Italian poster for City of the Living Dead that was twice as large as this one:

Great night, and it was fun to interact with other fans and meet a lot of people on this board.
By deafmetal
@Frizzle - The live album is Death Waltz DW036.
By deathwaltz

It blows my mind that there were people in town that didn't attend this show.
It was incredible.
By texasvinyl
I am kicking myself! I had too much fun on Friday and could barely stand by 6. Trying to get out of the festival grounds and downtown wasn't going to happen. On the bright side Disclosure killed it. Glad it went well, venue lighting looks great in that pic.
By Hatter313
@Spencer

Incredible doesn't even begin to describe. It was such an experience both sonically and emotionally.

I'd venture to say that Frizzi himself was having more fun than anyone else, he just looked so pleased and excited to share his music with us, and we were more than willing to listen.

An unprecedented night, thanks again to you, Mo and your team for making it happen.