Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Spun out of control
Wowsers trousers.... pleased to see the dreams of my fellow Frizzi fans over the pond coming true - as if the shows weren't enough to warrant jubilation, a couple of vinyl exclusives to boot. Sounds incredible... ;)
By deafmetal
I also like the artwork choice for the Austin/LA shows, as I was really impressed with the Mondo cover art. Would love a poster or print, guess will see what shows up in Austin.

This is a bucket list event for me. :)
By texasvinyl
Perhaps odd question...what do y'all plan to do with the LPs? In theory I could Uber/taxi from the ACL festival to the Frizzi show, but then I'd have two LPs with me and no car to stash them in, and it is pretty likely we will be closing down the bars on Friday night on Rainey St or West 6th.
By deafmetal
@Texas, I will most likely be driving to the Frizzi show, so I could certainly offer to keep your vinyl safe and bring it to MondoCon the next day.
By Hatter313
I don't know Austin at all, but I figured I'd just go back to my Hotel, drop em off, and then head back out.

How far is the church from where the con is?
By texasvinyl
10-15 minutes by car from the church downtown to the marchesa by the old highland mall.

Deaf thanks for offering. It looks like I won't be able to go, though, couldn't convince the wife to bail on the ACL closing show. She wants to see the Foo or Disclosure & doesn't want to ditch our group to go see Maestro Frizzi despite my efforts to tell her how awesome it will be!

By prettybleak
snagged 2 VIPs for Austin!
By deafmetal
Holy hell, what a "Frizzi Drop"! The VIP tickets sold out instantly, see you all in Austin.

By texasvinyl
Nice! Looks like those VIP went fast. still lobbying the wife. "I don't really want to see that, $40 is expensive, and we'll be gross and sweaty from ACL" are the current points to rebut!

Eventbrite says 8-11pm. I suspect the show isn't three hours long, so any ideas on what time the show will actually start?

By deafmetal
@Texas - My partner also bailed at the last minute on this show. Don't do what I did last night, and try and talk her into it by showing the trailer that the Beyond Fest folks put together.... "oh god, is the whole show going to be that disgusting?".

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSdwvN9yK9s[/video]

:)
By texasvinyl
yes, "music you don't really like to a video backdrop of terrifying images" probably is not going to seal the deal

I keep using the word Maestro a lot and playing side A of the Frizzi-Fulci Mondo release, but I suspect this is an argument I will lose! Which is OK, because that still means a 2-hour kick ass show by the Fighters of Foo.
By deafmetal
@Texas - Trying to lure her with the Morricone tracks? ;)
By lazyben
I don't even attempt to get my wife to these things so I will be abandoning her and my offspring for the beyond fest show. Managed to get a VIP ticket so should be an exceptional evening despite the fact I will have to remain sober.
By deafmetal
@lazyben - Uber is for drinking!

First post updated with all ticket links.

From Fabio's instagram:

By deathwaltz

This the version of 1000 that will be on sale for Frizzi in Austin , Mondo-Con & LA . Leftovers on line the week after.
By texasvinyl
OK, I'm going, just bought the ticket.

Deaf, if the offer still stands to hang onto the records that night until Mondocon the next day I'll take you up on it!
By deafmetal
@Spencer - The vinyl colourways look great!

@texas - Glad you will be able to make it. I am planning on bringing a vinyl backpack to the event, so I should be able to tote your vinyl to/from MondoCon. I will send you an email with my contact info.

Less than a month now!
By deafmetal
Toronto folks - if anybody is interested in a discount on two VIP tickets for the Opera House show, please contact me.
By Aremagod
Speaking of the show at Underground Arts in Philly on OCT 10, something came up and I can't make this show so I have a VIP ticket for sale if anyone is interested.
By prettybleak
does anyone know what time the VIP stuff starts? coming from out of town, and want to make sure i don't miss it
By videodrome1138
If you're talking about the Austin show, I was told it started at 6. I had the same concern since I'm flying in from Chicago and actually had to change my flight to make sure I got there early enough.
By deafmetal
I received confirmation from Mondo that VIP doors for the Austin show open at 6pm. They will also be sending out an email to VIP ticket holders with additional information.

Hard to believe it's only four days away.