Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By dweebofthedead
I just hope I can get the time off.

I'll know more for sure in July.
By Hatter313
You know, I've never been to Austin, and I'll likely need a little vacation around there. I'll price it out soon and see what kind of cash we are talking about, but last year sounded like a blast.
By deafmetal
Press release. Anybody going?

Mondo is thrilled to announce MondoCon 2015, taking place October 3rd – 4th at The Marchesa Hall & Theater in Austin, TX, the weekend following Fantastic Fest. The convention will bring together unique guests from a variety of areas to celebrate film, music, art, and toys with the world’s finest artists, designers, toy creators, directors, composers and more. In addition to the 50+ exhibitors, the second annual MondoCon will offer unique & diverse panel, screening and event programming. This year, the convention will be taking advantage of additional exhibitor & event space in the neighboring Holiday Inn Midtown Conference Center.

A full schedule of panels & screenings will be announced in the coming months, but for now Mondo is excited to present the initial list of confirmed guests (featuring both new & returning exhibitors) and a preview of a few exciting events taking place throughout the weekend.

Martin Ansin
Oliver Barrett
Richey Beckett
Andy Belanger
Burlesque of North America
Scott C
Becky Cloonan
Daniel Danger
Draplin Design Co.
Dude Designs
Laurent Durieux
Jason Edmiston
Brian Ewing
Francesco Francavilla
Ken Garduno
JJ Harrison
Tom Haubrick
Jock
Rob Jones
Landland
Middle of Beyond
Mike Mitchell
Olly Moss
Ciro Nieli
Randy Ortiz
Alex Pardee and Zero Friends
Phantom City Creative
Gary Pullin
Dave Rapoza
JC Richard
Rockin’ Jelly Bean
Arik Roper
Skinner
Todd Slater
Static Medium
Ken Taylor
Matt Taylor
Unbox Industries
The Vacvvm
Waxwork Records
Bernie Wrightson
WBYK

Mondo Records & Death Waltz Recording Company will be hosting Audyssey, the Pop-Up Record Shop that first debuted in Austin in March. The shop will feature the best soundtrack labels from around the world, including titles from Waxwork Records, One Way Static, Light in the Attic & Tiger Lab, making records a huge highlight of the weekend.

Mondo is also teaming up with Austin-based Inspire Pro-Wresting to put on a closing night party you won’t want to miss. Inspire Pro is a modernized professional wrestling company founded in 2013 with one primary goal: to restore the prestige of the grandest sport of all in the state of Texas to the days of the Von Erichs. The company continues to attract top notch talent from throughout the world, including wrestlers from ROH, NJPW, and Chikara. They’ve also helped to mold and grow a powerful roster of Texas-based talent.

Tickets for MondoCon 2015 will go sale Thursday, April 30th at 11:00am CST via Eventbrite. Single day tickets will are $45 and 2-day tickets are $90.

Here a link to the ticket page: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/mondocon-2 ... 6643535262
By monsterworship
So stoked for Rockin Jellybean...
By Hatter313
See you all there :) I'm in for the whole shebang this year
By texasvinyl
If there is something awesome this year like the TCM screening I'm in. Last year was a lot of fun, but you can plan on dropping some serious cash, and parts of it were a bit frenzied.

The way the screenings & panels were made available last year was a mess. The Mondo merch tent, also a bit of a mess. We got there a couple hours early and joined the tail end of a ridiculously huge line (like I wonder if people maybe even camped out). Some of the posters were gone before we made it into the tent, but the LPs were all there. Tragically, I had to settle for a Furies pin from the Waxwork booth because I'm too slow to be a Warrior.

Money, did I mention, bring lots of that. hotel, con tickets, screening tickets, LPs, food/beer, a poster or two, a t-shirt or two, you're probably going to drop $1000.

Speaking of beer, I hope they don't serve beer in dixie cups again this year. I won't grumble overly loudly at an $8 beer, but at least pour a proper pint. Also the beer they brewed special for the con ran out before day 2, so hopefully they make more this time.

Also, bring poster tubes. If you don't want to buy more poster tubes, that is.

Finally, I remain apologetic about my friend going rogue and yelling at the crowd for poor queueing skills before the TCM screening.
By Hatter313
tickets bought, i expect to meet some of you fine ladies and gentleman in person there!
By Little Walter
It'll be nice to actually meet a few board members. I'll carry a spin-the-blackest-circles flag to rally the troops.
By monsterworship
I enjoy my Mondo Con dogfish head pint glass more than some of the records I bought. :)
By deafmetal
Flight and hotel booked, tickets purchased for both Frizzi 2 Fulci and the convention. See you all there.

Anybody know if most of the vendors are cash-only? In other words, do I need to bring with a huge pile of cash to buy vinyl, posters, food, drink, etc.?
By monsterworship
I would say 95% of vendors take credit cards via square/paypal.

The worst part of last year was waiting in line at the food trucks, the lines werent even that long but sooo slow and it was like 1000degrees out. And it poured a few times.

One of the coolest things i got was a Mondo Con/Dogfish Head pint glass, i hope they do a new one this year.

One other great thing is there is a staples next door, where tou can buy mailing supplies and ship stuff out :)

By deafmetal
@monsterworship - Great info, thanks!
By synthxanderharris
I live in Austin. If anyone wants to hang out, hit me up.
By synthxanderharris
I'm probably going to do both!
By deafmetal
Bloody hell! I have to get a ticket for this...

-------------
We're thrilled to share our final screening announcement for MondoCon 2015: Halloween!

Halloween is arguably the best horror film of all time. A masterclass in less-is-more atmosphere over gore, this quintessential slasher movie has scared generations since its release in 1978. It’s an absolutely pitch-perfect film written, directed & composed by the incredible John Carpenter, and few in the genre have come close to matching its brilliance. If you haven't seen Halloween on the big screen, you haven't lived. Don’t miss out on our screening of the film which will come with a new poster from artist Jason Edmiston.

The Halloween screening will take place at The Marchesa Theater, Sunday at 7PM. Tickets are limited and will go on sale via Eventbrite this Monday, September 21st at 12PM CST. Poster included in the ticket price.
By texasvinyl
Damn too bad I'm Saturday only, that will be awesome.

Since I am going to the movie screenings with the wife I would be down to swap one of the Saturday screening posters for one of the Halloweens if anyone is interested.

By The Cult Leader
If I get tickets I might be willing to do a swap for the Ken Taylor Batman print.
By Little Walter
Halloween followed by a live re-score of Pieces . . . that's one way to throw a party.
By Hatter313
sweet merciful...i snagged my tickets to halloween, but good god are they sold out already, whew....

edit, looks like some people had em in their carts etc...but wow
By deafmetal
Snagged a ticket for Halloween. What a great ending to the convention: Halloween & Pieces double-feature. I am really glad I decided to go to Austin this year.
By Frizzle-Frizzi
Looking For someone who can be so kind to buy For me something ( 3/4 records ) from mondocon .if someone can help out let me Know Here rigorfonzie(at) yahoo(dot)it
By The Cult Leader
Definitely psyched for the Halloween screening and Edmiston is going to kill the print. Seems like its going to be a good time. I'm hoping to snag a few a sold out variants like the Slime City (I know they will have a different version with new artwork there), the 2 Data Disc releases Streets of Rage & Shenmue, and Lucio Fulci's Horror & Thriller Compilation. Also will be on the look for The Last of Us, and hopefully Drive, since they said they will have some sold out titles available.

That Edmiston print will fit together nicely with my other 2 Edmistons.

Updated for Edmistons Halloween print.

By The Cult Leader
Just got my general admission to Frizzi2Fulci upgraded to VIP. Woohoo