Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By thenuthouse
From Zombi's Tumblr - http://zombitheband.tumblr.com/post/627 ... n-december

"Due to popular demand, our heroes GOBLIN will be adding a second run of North American shows in December, and I probably don’t have to tell you how thrilled we are to be joining them for these dates. It’s been almost 7 years since our last tour of the States - hope you can make it to one of these shows.

Nov 29 Chicago, IL/ The Empty Bottle*
Nov 30 Minneapolis, MN/ The Varsity Theater
Dec 1 Milwaukee, WI/ Turner Hall
Dec 3 St. Louis, MO/ 2720 Cherokee
Dec 4 Cincinnati, OH/ Taft Theatre
Dec 5 Cleveland, OH/ Beachland Ballroom
Dec 6 Pittsburgh, PA/ Carnegie Music Hall
Dec 8 Albany, NY/ Upstate Concert Hall
Dec 10 Boston, MA/ Sinclair
Dec 11 New Haven, CT/ Center Church on the Green
Dec 12 Philadelphia, PA/ Trocadero
Dec 13 Washington, DC/ 9:30 Club
Ded 14 Carrboro, NC/ Cats Cradle

*Not with Goblin - openers TBA"
By bansel
This is insane. My head just exploded
By ghostfires
Well fuck, those dates suck...nothing near Texas...come on!
By Re-animated Cat
Fuck Texas... Come to London! I will personally make all band members a cup of English breakfast tea and a buttered crumpet upon arrival.
By razorboy
is there lineup confirmation for the 2nd leg? i've heard all kinds of rumors, from simonetti not being there to pignatelli's goblin rebirth being the band... i want to see them again!! chicago show was amazing.
By dumaisaudio
No Simonetti on this tour.

From Goblinoffical.com:

Massimo Morante
Maurizio Guarini
Fabio Pignatelli
Agostino Marangolo
Aidan Zammit

"Goblin would like to thank everybody who came out to see us in the United States and in Canada during October. A lot of you were able to tell, but we cannot say enough how overwhelming it was for us to see such enthusiasm. Night after night, speaking with fans before and after shows, everybody's passion for what we do and what we did, we honestly weren't aware and frankly we were touched by it. We can't thank you enough.

As many fan's who play close attention know, Goblin faced frequent line up changes since the very beginning. This will continue with the upcoming tour in December, as longtime and key members Fabio Pignatelli (bass) and Agostino Marangolo (drums) join Massimo Morante and Maurizio Guarini in this new old line up, making 4/5 of the original band back from 1975.

Finally the original rhythm section that was part of the dynamic and often creepy sounds heard on Suspiria, Roller, Zombi and more, is back. Also returning is Aidan Zammit who already played live with the band in 2009. This will allow the fans of Goblin to see the missing side of the band, as Fabio and Agostino certainly add more authentic ingredients sonically.

We are also excited about having Zombi as our opening act. We have been aware of them for some time, and of course admire what they've done musically.

Like the last tour, we will be selling VIP tickets featuring a meet and greet before the show. We will be performing all of the songs that contribute to the legacy of Goblin and of course we will be playing along to video for many of the songs.

Again, thank you all so much. See you in December."
By dumaisaudio
I'm not sure what to expect now. I was hoping to go to the DC show, and probably still will if I can make it. Without Simonetti, how different is this going to sound? I'm not really familiar with all the lineup changes and Goblin vs New Goblin vs Goblin Rebirth.
By dumaisaudio
Has anyone been to a show on the new tour? How does it compare to the lineup from Oct?
By monsterworship
I am going on saturday night and i saw the other tour 2x so we'll see.
By monsterworship
Err i guess its actually on friday :)
By dumaisaudio
If anyone has gone or will be going, let us know what merch Goblin and Zombi have. I'm going to DC which is one of the last shows. I know Zombi will have some records, not sure if Goblin has anything aside from the DW release.
By jgibbs4053
I might be heading to the NC show. Anyone here going to it?
By dumaisaudio
Saw the show last night in DC, very good. It was an early show and Zombi started at 6:15. We ended up missing the first few songs of their set because of that. I enjoyed Zombi, but the bass was almost too much to handle, almost every note buzzed your chest, but overall I was impressed with their live playing. Goblin didn't disappoint, and I'm glad I saw this version of the band with the original rhythm section. I think the show sounded a lot better than what's on the Live in Roma album, just a tighter sounding band. Grabbed the Ghoulish Gary poster, I wanted to get some Zombi records but I can just order them from Relapse.
By jgibbs4053
I saw them last night in NC. Great show. They sold out of the Goulish Gary shirts before I could get one. I never listened to Zombi before and got to the show late so I only caught one of their songs. Anyone have any suggestions on albums of theirs to start with?