Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Pitch
Just bought tickets to this:

"An evening of breathtaking film music from acclaimed British composer Clint Mansell – the man behind some of the most celebrated soundtracks of the past two decades.

A longtime collaborator of groundbreaking director Darren Aronofsky – for whom he has scored Black Swan, Requiem For A Dream, The Fountain, The Wrestler, and Pi – Mansell was recognised for this outstanding work with Grammy and Golden Globe nominations. 'Lux Aeterna' (from Requiem for a Dream) has become ubiquitous even outside the realms of the film itself.

In addition to his impressive work on Aronofsky’s films, and a plethora of more mainstream films, Clint received major acclaim for his 2009 score for Duncan Jones’ directorial debut Moon. His latest creation is the soundtrack to the upcoming film Noah, starring Russell Crowe.

Mansell will perform with his band, alongside pianist Carly Paradis and the Sonus Quartet."

Barbican London, October 7th (tickets on general release shortly, members now)
By Hardrain02
Thanks for the heads up on this. Got my tickets booked. Should be a great evening.
By Hardrain02
Anyone else going tonight? is anybody taking vinyl jackets to get signed?
By Spun out of control
Yes, I'll be there tonight - looking forward to it. Already have Clint's signature on an old Pop Will Eat Itself 7-inch ('Beaver Patrol', ah, how times have changed...), so think will leave the more recent vinyl at home.

Presume there might be some merch on sale too? Would like to pick up Moon on LP.
By Hardrain02
I hadn't considered a merch table, best take some cash then, good call @spun. I haven't picked up Filth yet so maybe that will be available. I have moon and I must say it's one if my all time favourites.
By Pitch
Wonderful concert - band was brilliant and Clint was a delightful host! Just wish it had gone on even longer. Picked up Moon and Stoker, and was handed a signed postcard and the setlist - which was nice....

By Spun out of control
Yes Clint was refreshingly down to earth - not at all 'Hollywood' - and even a little nervous at first, though got into his stride. Lucky you to get a set list. I also picked up Moon LP before the show and went back to get the signed post card from his nephew on the stand when I saw that others were being given them.

Yes, 90 minutes seemed short. Couldn't believe it when I stumbled out into the bright foyer and my watch still said 9.30pm. Still, allowed me to get home before the witching hour and prevented the attention wandering. Quite a cool, starry audience - Nigel 'Radiohead' Godrich sat directly in front of me, Ben 'Kill List' Wheatley at the end of the row, and reckon I also spotted Miki Berenyi, ex-Lush.

Shame nothing got played from Stoker or In the Wall - the two LPs I had until tonight. Hope he comes back to London for some more!

Also, roll on Fabio Frizzi at the Barbican at the end of this month.
By renpen21
I'm off tomorrow night in Manchester, really looking forward to it.