Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By ScoJo
I'll be playing my live electronic score to amazing UFO-cult educational film UNARIUS: THE ARRIVAL next friday, if anyone is in UK midlands environs...

Music is played almost entirely on early 80's Soviet AELITA synth, though I've got a few other bits going on...oh, and there'll be a surprise cover version in this set too ;)

I've tweeted a short clip of work-in-progress track, no idea how to embed vid here!

https://twitter.com/ShottIvangorod/stat ... 9876101121

I'm also planning to record this and put it out next year - keep watching the skies...
Unarius Poster.jpg
Unarius Poster.jpg (387.95 KiB) Viewed 6612 times
DO3BI6_XkAE2OpA.jpg
DO3BI6_XkAE2OpA.jpg (306.85 KiB) Viewed 6612 times
By ScoJo
Most of the setup for solo show tomorrow.

Enough gear??

(I actually veto'd taking Elektronika string machine today -sulking in b/ground in it's original hearing-aid brown leatherette bag....Soviet synths are built like brick shithouse and consequently it's like lugging actual anvils to shows! The addition of each synth adds two days to my bad-back recovery ;)
1.jpg
1.jpg (887.54 KiB) Viewed 6545 times
By Mateo Sanboval
Hearing-Aid Brown is the name of a series of old adult fiction novels about a former boy detective living out his days solving menial "crimes" in a retirement community.
By ScoJo
Mateo Sanboval wrote:Hearing-Aid Brown is the name of a series of old adult fiction novels about a former boy detective living out his days solving menial "crimes" in a retirement community.
By lazyben
Break a leg dude.

I've finally achieved a modicum of mastery over my guitar and have played a few gigs this year (in a band, not solo) and it's pretty much the most nerve wracking thing I've ever done so big props on the solo thing.
By ScoJo
lazyben wrote:Break a leg dude.

I've finally achieved a modicum of mastery over my guitar and have played a few gigs this year (in a band, not solo) and it's pretty much the most nerve wracking thing I've ever done so big props on the solo thing.
Nice one Ben! What's the band?

I've played (hiding behind keys mostly) with various bands over last 15years, but believe me - nothing has made me especially stage-frightey except when I have the nerve to strap a guitar on with people watching.

As an aside, seafoam green telecaster seen in this pic is a custom/home build which my old man made for me when he was battling cancer. I have a 70s Jazzmaster kicking about too but mostly choose this one for live stuff. What do you play?
Last edited by ScoJo on Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Hatter313
that guitar is beautiful man. i've always loved that sea-foam green look, and that one is great looking.
By ScoJo
Hatter313 wrote:that guitar is beautiful man. i've always loved that sea-foam green look, and that one is great looking.
Ahh....another '70s' man ;-)
By Mateo Sanboval
Great guitar and a wonderful story as well. Count me amongst the throngs of sea foam fans. Also a big avocado appliance green man. Have a great show, ScoJ, and please delete that Nic Cage gif as soon as humanly possible.
By lazyben
Just covers bar band material - Floyd, stooges, sabbath, white stripes, Hendrix type stuff. I actually had to sing a bit last time which was weirdly less intimidating even though I'm not very good at that either. I recently quit due to musical differences heh heh

I may not be very good at playing but I am pretty good at buying shit. Here are my fender type axes, I usually gig the esquire (the middle one) because it really makes no difference if it gets another scratch.
gits.jpg
gits.jpg (1.33 MiB) Viewed 6516 times
By ScoJo
Niiiice. I'd pay solid money to hear you sing 'Changes'...

That National Steel looker is a stunner! Can't quite make out the headstock/brand...?

Have you done any work on these, or are they as they came/og pickups etc?

My home build tele started as a body which I literally stumbled over in middle of the street drunk one night. My pops stripped it right down, straightened neck, resprayed to my specs, tortoise scratch plate, new electrics and Duncan tele pickups. Stays in tune okay and has crunchy bright-ish tone. Sounds great through Memory Man delay and Electro Harmonix distort :)
By lazyben
After you'd paid money to hear me sing 'Changes' you would then pay much more money to not hear it ever again!

The one with the metal top plate is a trussart deluxe steeltopcaster. His guitars are really nice, I've been jonesing for one of the full metal body ones for years but haven't managed to persuade myself I can justify buying another expensive guitar (and hiding it from the missus) yet.

These are all stock but as they're boutiquey the pickups are already good. The trussart has arcane inc pickups which are excellent, the esquire is a nash jeff beck esquire and it has a Seymour Duncan stacked humbucker which is splittable and you can bypass the tone circuit with two types of boost so you can actually get a ridiculous amount of sounds out of the one pickup and overdrive any amp straight to hell, the strat is custom shop with a mix of custom shop and Seymour Duncan pickups.

Don't get me started on pedals, I'm on the pedalholics anonymous 12 step program after my quest for the perfect (big) muff got a bit out of hand...

I should stop hijacking your thread. Knock 'em dead!
By ScoJo
@lazy -

"...my quest for the perfect (big) muff got a bit out of hand..."

*mic drop*

(anyone listenin, THAT's how you end a thread!)
By lazyben
That was excellent, I would definitely want to hear the rest of it should it appear on wax (although I would miss the hypnotic dancing from the video).
By ScoJo
@bub / ben -

Thanks chaps. Much appreciated.

Well Ben - with the formats Im considering for my 1st solo lp, you may get your wish..... :-)