Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By DISCOSUCKS...
Heyhey,

I couldn't let the launch of Waxwork's soundtrack to this film go unheralded, so what better opportunity to dust off my 16mm print! And as the date I have for a Flatpack Festival slot is just after the LP release date, Waxwork have very kindly offered us some swag to give away....who knows, there's a chance we may have the LP on the night too! :D

My trailer:

https://vimeo.com/121675207

If you're in the UK and anywhere near the Midlands at the end of the month, think about coming to say hi and see this incredible movie on celluloid as it was meant to be seen! And what's more.....for free!

Shipping Records will be manning a stall, taking care of all yer vinyl soundtrack needs at great prices.

Bee seeing ya.
OUTER SIGHT

By tonyandrewgiles
This is going to be awesome! :)
By blastman
Feck, I'm over in London for something that weekend but it's the same day, otherwise I'd definitely have gone!
By karswell
This looks great, I'll be there and sure to say hello!
By karswell
btw excellent trailer disco sir
By DISCOSUCKS...
@karswell - thanks you kindly sir!

@dagar - very cool!

Y'all be sure to come say hi to the guy up to his ass in 16mm film reels ;)
By tonyandrewgiles
Just a reminder folks that this is going down today from 6pm at the Flatpack Festival.

Free screening of Phase IV + soundtrack stall from Shipping Records.

Hope to see some of you there :)
By deafmetal
Wish I could be there. Trust it will be a colorful affair, unless the attendees get too antsy.
By oaxaca
Really cool film last night, deliberately paced with a surreal heavy atmosphere and you couldn't really see where it was going next. Reminded me a bit of another 70s horror I saw last year, Wake in Fright; very different plots obviously but the weird otherworldly atmosphere and desert locations struck me as reminiscent. PhaseIV is definitely a film with replay value. I think Attenborough would have been proud of all the incredible ant footage! The synthy soundtrack was unique too.

Nice to meet you TAG! The Waxwork t shirt is slightly on the big side but looks ace. Great choice of LPs on sale too, pleased to finally get my hands on Cat in the Brain.

And pleasure as always Disco... Liked the new venue by the way. I wasn't aware the Minerva Works existed, its always good to find new places to go in Brum.

Were there other forumers there besides you guys then? I would have stopped longer to say hello and chat but had an early start this morn with work. Next time however! Would love to see The Tenant on the big screen btw, I missed it last time you played it and its my favourite Polanski. His version of Macbeth is exceptional too!
By soundtracks of fear
A fun time had by all, I especially enjoyed the pre movie entertainment of those wacky ads and The Universe and really appreciate @disco and @TAG's hard work in putting this all together it was very cool to finally meet these guys and have a chatter in person. Shipping Records had a great selection of stuff and look forward to the expansion of used stock i.e. Dracula ;) The ants footage in Phase IV was fantastic and found myself feeling sorry for the evil masterminds.
I may have been a little tipsy though and got a bit over excited! Also nice to meet Karswell. On the way out we discovered the Video Palace OMG!!! Like stepping into 1986
Cheers fellas
By tonyandrewgiles
Thanks to you guys for coming down and showing the love :)

I had such a great time & now thanks to @disco have a healthy fear of ants!

By DISCOSUCKS...
Was great to meet you, @dagar! To my amazement there was actually a very healthy Spin-presence last night! Bless you guys for coming out to play...I'll keep you posted if Outer Sight screen any more 16mm goodness :-D
By DISCOSUCKS...
Good man @oaxaca! Likewise, I'm sorry that in the thick of projecting/whatnot I never seem to get a chance to chat to you more. Next time as they say! I'd love to show more films in that Centrala space, expecially Polanski (as it's run by a group of Polish artists as it happens...)

Hope it's all going well with work n stuff anyhow....keep on truckin'

Oh, and so - it was you that snagged the Reanimator shirt? Man it's a beauty.
By karswell
What a great night! Still recovering from the whole weekend, but the Phase IV was excellent and looked beautiful.
Thanks so much to @discosucks and @TAG for putting on this cool event and great to meet you fine fellas + @Dagar and sorry not to have met @oaxaca: as you say there'll be other times.
I also won the raffle and snagged myself a copy of Trick or Treat, so what a er..treat! Thanks Kevin and Suzy(?)at Waxwork :)
The extras were so cool especially The Virgin Sacrifice for me: real K Anger vibe.
More power to you @discosucks who was also involved in loadsa other stuff at Flatpack and showed a great Philip Donnelan docu on 16mm also earlier in a pub. Really looking forward to future Outer Sight screenings and I add my vote for The Tenant which is in my Top Ten.
I'm off to try my ant raffle ticket acid tab now...