present
A rare original 16mm film print of the Director's Cut
Thursday October 30th
The Mockingbird Bar & Theatre
Custard Factory
Birmingham

www.psychedelicpsynema.wordpress.com

From 8pm
with rare 16mm spook shorts and soundtrack selections.

Be seeing you.
By lazyben
Ha ha nice poster, I love the quotes!
By DISCOSUCKS...
Gave you a chuckle, right? ;)

Thanks B-boy....shame you're not "local"......
By Whip Wilson
Exorcist 2!? What an inspired choice. And, Lordy, that poster is a hoot. It'd be worth the coat of the ticket...
By DISCOSUCKS...
heh heh....

Scorsese's full quote was:

"The picture asks: Does great goodness bring upon itself great evil? This goes back to the Book of Job; it's God testing the good. In this sense, Regan (Linda Blair) is a modern-day saint — like Ingrid Bergman in Europa '51, and in a way, like Charlie in Mean Streets. I like the first Exorcist, because of the Catholic guilt I have, and because it scared the hell out of me; but The Heretic surpasses it. Maybe Boorman failed to execute the material, but the movie still deserved better than it got."

and Friedkin's in full:

"I was at Technicolor and a guy said 'We just finished a print of Exorcist II, do you wanna have a look at it?' And I looked at half an hour of it and I thought it was as bad as seeing a traffic accident in the street. It was horrible. It's just a stupid mess made by a dumb guy – John Boorman by name, somebody who should be nameless but in this case should be named. Scurrilous. A horrible picture, one of the worst films I've ever seen."
By lazyben
Definitely a chuckle.

What do you mean I'm not local? I was born in Birmingham! Don't exclude me just because I live in californiashire now.

I've never actually seen this (have the score though). Sounds like a fun night anyway.
By DISCOSUCKS...
And FWIW.... I genuinely think that the movie is gloriously, belligerently, psychotically bananas and just a ton of fun!

;)
By DISCOSUCKS...
True dat. You can take the boy out of Birmingham, but.....

You owe it to yourself to experience the lunacy of "the second worst movie ever made"! (According to that old Dan Peary "Worst-Movie" book nonsense anyway....as if Plan 9 is the worst movie ever made!! Pshaw.)

EXII does have the lowest rating I've ever seen on IMDB: 2.1! (Well, that was the last time I looked - it's gone up to 3.7!)

Never mess with a fan's expectations, huh?
By Whip Wilson
I watch it every year, but I've never seen it offered up on the big screen. Boorman has a few solid gold crazies under his belt. Point Blank, Deliverance, Exorcist II, Excalibur and Zardoz to name a few. Top shelf really.
By static14
For the Friedkin quote I would have used "It's just a stupid mess made by a dumb guy" :) Brutal!
By karswell
I'm there man!..though I'm aware I said that last time & didn't make it :( Well worth supporting
By siforster
Exorcist III Director's Cut please xxxx
By tonyandrewgiles
Is this the version with the original ending?

I've only just heard about that version so am super curious.

I'm also meant to be in London but will be torn for sure.

As somewhat 'limited' as the sequels were in still a huge fan of this franchise going all the way back to my Dad telling me about how the first one fucked him up good and proper :D
By DISCOSUCKS...
Haha....then that also explains you @TG ;)

Obviously be great to see you there, let me know if it looks happenable bro.