Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By cookythecook
wow, thats awesome. wish i lived in the UK. sounds like a great way to spend halloween
By soundtracks of fear
Just got tickets for this one, missed it last year! :) Still some left!
By Spun out of control
Yep I'll be at the Barbican too for this one - looked like a must for any fan of the Death Waltz releases so far...

Clint Mansell also playing the same venue the same month with a selection of his soundtrack work. Last time I saw him live he was dancing skinny and shirtless with Pop Will Eat Itself so don't quite know what to expect...!
By mexico86
Looking forward to the fulci x frizzi missed it last year!!
By linus
I'll be there. Last year was awesome.
By tonyandrewgiles
Me too!
By Spun out of control
Some spoils from last night's Fabio Frizzi show (no vinyl on sale, but instead these CDs on the Italian Beat label)...

As an aside, did anyone who was at the concert recognise the sequence early on played against the cinematic backdrop of the dark haired lady being shown around what looked like an empty mansion, furniture covered in dust cloths? Loved the piano/keyboard motif in one of the tracks, and now want to seek it out... ;)

By tonyandrewgiles
I was there, loved every second!

@spun - same boat as you though, if anyone knows please post up here :)
By Spun out of control
I wonder if it was being filmed for posterity or whether the cameras on stage were just there to provide imagery for the big screen behind them? Seemed a pretty slick set up.

Spinning the Union Chapel CD now in the thin hope of re-discovering that gem I couldn't place last night...

EDIT: I might have been thinking of about the 3.55 mark of the 'sette note in nero' suite aka '7 Notes in Black' (lovely stuff).

Notice Spencer Hickman gets a production credit & cover/booklet artwork is by Graham Humphries. As it also says CD produced by Beat Records Nov 2014, we must have literally got one hot off the press.[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEnUk-gk0II[/video]

I'll put a request in now for one of the lovely labels on here to put out 7 Notes in Black ... could only find a CD release on Discogs from 2006 that some joker is trying to flog for £100.
By Dollarhyde
I was there with my other half, was bloody awesome, alot better than I expected and having frizzi there in person made it realIy special.

Had to run and catch a train at 5 minutes to ten, so unfortunately missed out on any frizzi ephemera for sale.

Where there any frizzi2fulci at the barbican posters available? Horror and brutalist architecture in one!

Also hoping for a release of that new frankenstien score:-D
By tonyandrewgiles
@dollarhyde - we should have all arranged a meet up!

There was a poster available, the only that's been doing the rounds on social media etc.

I grabbed one, just need a frame.

@spun - That's the puppy!
By Dollarhyde
Might try and source one of those posters, I'm actually a huge fan of the barbican and it's architecture, one of my favourite buildings in london.

A meet up would have been cool too, although I was on a tight schedule.

Props to the folks in halloween costumes.
By kochane
Bumped into fabio this morning checking out of my hotel - didn't know what to say but was wearing the thirty lol

Annoying they put the 2014 poster up to £15 as was initially listed as 2013
By linus
Great night! Very different feel to the union chapel but still ace. Nearly passed out under my mask a few times.

Met Fabio in a travelodge this morning. Super lovely chap. Very friendly and enthusiastic. Told me they may do a UK tour.

By Spun out of control
Wow you guys really went for it with the costumes - tribute to The Beyond?

Should imagine last year's Union Chapel had more of an intimate feel, and being a chapel leant itself perfectly to a Halloween vibe?

The Barbican is a bit colder feeling as a venue perhaps.

Great that a couple of us on the forum unexpectedly ran into the man himself - presumably this was the nearest Travelogue to the Barbican? :)

At least I have discovered some more tracks I never knew existed after the evening. The only WTF moment for me was the country-fied acoustic & vocals guitar interlude (Silver Saddle?)... at least the man is diverse.
By Darren LD1984
Excellent night! Linus, your mask was amazing, if I'd known you were a forum member I would have said hello. Did you keep your mask on for the whole show?
By linus
I took it off after bit cos it's like being in a latex head lock. Put it back on for The Beyond suite though.
By linus
@spun yeah Union Chapel was a bit more season appropriate but it was nice to see the show in a different space. The sound was impeccable in both venues.

The spaghetti western interlude was mostly Four of the Apocalypse with Silver Saddle. Four of the Apocalypse is a great film. Never seen Silver Saddle.
By linus
the Union Chapel cd sounds great!!! Looking forward to the vinyl edition!
By soundtracks of fear
Looks like everyone who went had a great time, would be great if Fabio was to do a U.K. tour!@Linus must have been a real buzz meeting him, especially after seeing such a great show. Same we didn't all meet up, but I was also on a tight schedule, next time guys maybe at the Death Waltz/OWS Film and Music Convention.[video]https://vimeo.com/110770742[/video]
I managed to film just one clip for fellow forum members in mind,sorry if it wavers a bit, I was a bit smashed and watching through my eyes not the camera! Always loved this scene with the eyes/blood and it really worked well on such a big screen. Top moments - Drill in brain, Cat in the Brain, and the new track from Frankenstein!!?. It was all fuckin' brilliant actually, well worth the effort. :) Long Live Fabio Frizzi!
By Dollarhyde
One thing, of many, I took away from the evening was, I really need to get a copy of 'Cat in the brain'.

Didn't realise how literal the title would be :-D That was brain he was chowing down on right?
By soundtracks of fear
Sure was! I actually have a spare copy of CITB (black - never played seal open though) if you're interested @dollarhyde you can have it for £25 all in if you want it, or possibly even a trade, but yeah it was a stand out for me that cat track.
By linus
@Dagar certainly was! I felt like bit of a git for bothering him in the hotel but he was super cool.