Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By jamie
Recently i attended a screening of Dawn Of The Dead live screening by Simonetti and Goblin at the Belfast Film Festival.
After the film they played Phenomena,Suspiria,Tenebrae and Deep Red.
Managed to get my poster and vinyl signed after the show and got a pictur with Claudio.
An amazing night and hopefully Goblin come back in August for another show.
By vinyljunkie
Were they selling any vinyl at the show? I'm looking to get the recent reissue of Goblin's Zombi on LP...
By Macready
Two LPs on sale:

Zombi / Dawn Of The Dead by Daemonia and The Murder Collection by Claudio Simonetti's Goblin.

Got the latter signed alongside my Death Waltz 2013 Tour ep. Was so excited to meet them that I forgot to get my poster signed.

It was a great show - a lot heavier than the Suspiria show last year, although I thought the sound balancing between band and film soundtrack wasn't quite as good. The addition of a bass player (Bruno Previtali) this time really helped, and the encore - especially Tenebrae - was, frankly, stupendous.
By vinyljunkie
Thanks for the info Macready! So they weren't selling the recent reissue of Goblin's Zombi?? Gonna have to try and track a copy down before the show -- were they letting anyone get merchandise signed or is that what the VIP ticket is for (at least at the NYC Irving Plaza show)?
By jamie
I grabbed the Daemonia album and the poster got both signed,fantastic even though as you say there was a little sound balancing problem but was ok after a while. I said to Claudio I hope him and the band come back next year .
By Macready
No Zombi reissue, vinyljunkie - at least not when I got there...

After the show, the band hung about the venue for about an hour, signing merch and chatting to fans. Simonetti was an absolute gent, making time for everyone who wanted to shake his hand, chat about the show or have their photo taken.

In fact I've never seen a band as friendly and genuinely happy to talk to the fans and sign anything thrown at them (show tickets, LPs, cds, even a few Suspiria DVDs).
By vinyljunkie
Cool, thanks Macready...
By Macready
@ jamie - here's hoping they come back again.

The Belfast Film Festival crew have been pulling together some pretty interesting events in the last few years. The Team Zissou showing of Life Acquatic on the barge this year was great, though I missed Troll 2 in the Hudson Alley due to work...

Did you see anything else?
By jamie
@Macready.Yeah it's been a superb couple of years ,I also seen Good Vibrations Inspirations,Game Of Thrones and I Am Belfast.
I'm hoping to move over to Belfast soon which I'm looking forward to .
I was at theGlasgow Film Fest and Fright Fest in Glasgow which was great too.
By Macready
Good work man. Always happy to hear about people coming to Belfast and having a good time.

Is 'I Am Belfast' the David Holmes/ Mark Cousins film? Didn't get a chance to see it, but it looked really interesting. A lot of people I know find Cousins hard to take, but I really like him, and personally loved Scene by Scene.
By jamie
Yes 'I Am Belfast ' was a Q&A with Mark and David,about the rough footage they had made as they are still working on the project.They showed about 15 minues of the film and it looked great.Great score from David and very soothing voice from Mark. Will definitely be looking forward to the final piece.
Mark and James said they were hoping to have the project finished for July.
By thenuthouse
Seeing them do this in July -- glad to see that you get the "hits" after the full score.
By jamie
You will enjoy it's a fantastic event.
By chuck
Godamm. My sister sent me this today, not sure if it's been mentioned, I couldn't see it anywhere on here.

But... Claudio simonettis goblin play live score to screening of suspiria and dawn of the dead at union chapel 18-19 August, one film a night.

https://www.stargreen.com/catalogsearch ... GOBLINJULY

Description from star green box office:

A new, thrilling way to experience Goblin’s most famous soundtracks as Claudio Simnetti’s Goblin and Union Chapel host two special events. Experience the soundtracks of Dawn of the Dead by George A. Romero on the 18th August and Suspiria by Dario Argento on the 19th August during screenings of the original movies.

The soundtrack and films will be replayed by the band in a new and exciting way, playing the original music to the film for its entire duration. Tickets are now on sale from just £24.75 for these strictly limited gigs. Book now to avoid disappointment.*