Something happening fellow Black Circle folks should know about ?

Post links in here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

Garmonbozia wrote:I just want to be absolutely clear. So there are two different types of shows that alternate on this tour? Am I reading that correctly? If so, how do you know which show is in which city? If not, disregard! Thanks.
Yes, you are correct. Here is the breakdown:

Austin, TX - The Beyond Composer's Cut
San Diego, CA - Frizzi 2 Fulci concert
San Francisco, CA - The Beyond Composer's Cut
Los Angeles, CA - The Beyond Composer's Cut
Portland, OR - Frizzi 2 Fulci concert
Seattle, WA - Frizzi 2 Fulci concert
Chicago, IL - The Beyond Composer's Cut
Excerpt from a write-up for the Austin show:
Mondo & Death Waltz present The Beyond live with Fabio Frizzi Tuesday, Sept. 27, at the Central Presbyterian Church, 200 E. Eighth St. Tickets will be $50, with 50 VIP tickets at $90 (that package includes a meet-and-greet with the affable Frizzi, early entry for the soundcheck, and an exclusive lathe-cut clear vinyl 7-inch with a track recorded at last year's show). Tickets available soon at www.mondotees.com.
I wonder what track was chosen for the new 7-inch... perhaps my wish for the Blastfighter theme was fulfilled? If so, I really wish I was heading over to Austin for the show!

Source: http://www.austinchronicle.com/daily/sc ... he-beyond/
oh man, i wish that it was the con opener, or even just closer to the con dates so i could have extended the trip a bit.
Ah well, maybe we will have to commiserate ourselves with the just announced CD of last year's Austin show Il Maestro will have on tour with him...

Cover art is very cool.

I presume this will be the special CD 'teased' as a giveaway with the VIP package when he plays the Union Chapel in London in October. Happy with that!
Attachments
Fabio Frizzi Undead in Austin.png
Fabio Frizzi Undead in Austin.png (850.36 KiB) Viewed 7236 times
@Spun - Nice, I was wondering if we might see more of the full recording of the Austin show. It will be great to hear Blastfighter in some format in the near future, and you could probably hear me cheering in the background. ;) Also, don't forget about those mock-ups for The Barbican Bootleg album.

Also, I am hearing rumors that a mysterious "third show" is now potentially being developed. Perhaps your recommendation for a Bixio-Frizzi-Tempera show was taken to heart?
deafmetal wrote: Also, don't forget about those mock-ups for The Barbican Bootleg album.

Also, I am hearing rumors that a mysterious "third show" is now potentially being developed. Perhaps your recommendation for a Bixio-Frizzi-Tempera show was taken to heart?
Barbican Bootleg? Think I missed the mock ups for that, unless it was based around the very cool poster they did for the event. Be cool to have a souvenir of that show!

Yeah, how great would a 'get the band back together' Bixio-Frizzi-Tempera themed show be. They could (finally) issue the whole Sette Note... score on vinyl to coincide. Oh well, we can dream
The US tour begins tonight in Austin!

I wish that everybody who is interested in seeing the tour had access to a local show, but support it where you are able to. I will be posting some info and photos from the show in SF on Friday. Wishing the entire band a successful tour and safe travels across the US.
Hoping to hear Shark Rosso Nell'Oceano in Portland!
Not your typical screening of The Beyond...
...when Il Maestro is back in town!
ImageFabio Frizzi introducing the band and the Composer's Cut project. He mentioned receiving inspiration from Bob Murawski in LA, who also happened to have isolated dialogue and sound effects elements for the film, which were critical to the creation of the new re-score. Frizzi also went back to his original scoring notes from the collaboration with Fulci to help develop the new cut.

The stage was set:
ImageThe band was tuned up and amped:
Image...and a gateway to Hell was opened:
The experience exceeded my expectations, and was easily my most enjoyable viewing of The Beyond, without question. The flow of the film felt electrified with the additional material, and felt even more otherworldly and claustrophobic on the giant projection screen:
The band seemed to sink into the darkness, which provided an appropriate effect that Frizzi confirmed to me after the show. The musicians appeared a bit more "hidden" for the rescore to help let the visual medium really shine through. There were more than a few moments of stomping prog fireworks, and the crowd roared in approval. Everything seemed amped up and elevated. The teasing build-ups of the Schweik/hotel theme were so on-point, and exactly what I was hoping to hear in those moments. I would really like to sit down with an album (or possibly a new bluray!) of this cut to really let it soak in. In short, it was outstanding!

Also, the local fan crew was representing well for this show, and this hand-painted jacket was the best dressed of the night:Image
Thank you, San Francisco!
Last edited by deafmetal on Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spun out of control wrote:So you got to chat with Il Maestro afterwards...? ;)
Fabio was very gracious and generous with his time for the large amount of fans that wanted to meet him after the show.

I will gather my thoughts together regarding the Composer's Cut project, and write more in the dedicated thread, but here is a small taste for those who are interested:

The sold-out crowd for Beyond Fest is in for a real treat tomorrow night in LA!
Last edited by deafmetal on Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
What a fun night back at home in Portland:

The word got out, many fliers had been hung all around town, and the show sold out! ;)

A local fan and hardcore poster collector brought a stack of Fulci film posters to help decorate the theater before the show:

Including in the upstairs lounge which was set up for the meet & greet with Il Maestro:

I saw a lot of rad things being signed, including this Mondo print:

...but the best piece was a huge French poster for Shark Rosso Nell'Oceano:
ImageThis is also the artwork on the reverse side of the LP sleeve.

I had caught the band's sound check earlier in the afternoon:

The crowd lined up around the block were finally let in, and the theater quickly filled.

Finally, the first F2F show in Portland!

The night was full of excellent surprises. One of which was hearing an expanded(!) live suite of Sette Note In Nero. I really enjoyed it, and it was one of the highlights of the evening. I love that soundtrack, and it's really exciting to keep hearing more material performed live from the score. Also, rumors of a future vinyl release are being teased yet again. When will it ever happen?

One of the things I was looking forward to the most was the new Monster Shark/Devilfish suite, and it did not disappoint:
The new suite covered a lot of ground, including the stomping prog rock theme, a romantic interlude, and a killer finale. Similar to Blastfighter last year, this was yet another Lamberto Bava OST being a big highlight of the night. The band seemed to really enjoy performing the new material. :)

The big Fulci classics like City of the Living Dead were causing the crowd to roar in excitement as they began:

My wish came true, and the band performed a suite from Perchè Si Uccidono, which is a collaboration between Frizzi and Goblin.
ImageAlthough the film itself was not recommended, this suite featured the most rockin' tune of the night, and had the band really going. So much energy in this track, check it out!

They ended the set with The Beyond, much to the crowd's approval:

Here is a link to the standing ovation: https://www.instagram.com/p/BLJVYmfj4hy/ (don't think we can embed instagram video)

For an encore, the band came back on stage immediately, and then performed Blastfighter! I couldn't believe it. I was already over the moon with the performance, but to get to hear that once again, yes! I thought that might be it, but hmm.... The Maestro then asked the crowd, "What have we not performed yet?", and the shouted reply, Zombie!!

After the show, the Hollywood Theatre's head programmer, Dan Halsted, took Fabio down to the film archive, and asked him to carve his name into the blank film lead of a 35mm print of Zombie:

What an amazing night, and a surreal end to a long weekend following this tour on the west coast. Excited for those of you who are able to catch the tour in the UK or Europe this autumn. Highly recommended.

Already looking forward to next year, and rumors of new "live score" projects.
Last edited by deafmetal on Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:08 am, edited 3 times in total.