Something happening fellow Black Circle folks should know about ?

Post links in here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By OrgasmoSonore
I was first so happy to see that Simonetti was part of the line up, to understand later that Marangolo and Pignatelli are NOT part of this band but bass and guitar will be 2 guys from Simonetti's Daemonia. So I feel a bit screwed by this announce "first Goblin tour in North America". We would need to ignore their infamous rhythm section, so much part of their sound. Also, concerning rights, you can forget about anything from Buio Omega and Contamination. Correct me if i'm wrong.
By el diabolik
Well, Maurizio Guarini is in the new line-up, and he was playing keyboards with GOBLIN during the Patrick/Contamination/Buio Omega period, so I imagine they could play some of that stuff.

Personally, I'm not really interested anyway, anyone who's seen Simonetti's work over the past 10 years or so will know what I mean. Maybe I'll be proved wrong - I hope so! But as said above, with members of DAEMONIA in GOBLIN, it does not look good!
By el diabolik
Original GOBLIN guitarist Massimo Morante is also in the line-up, so you do have two original members of GOBLIN, plus Maurizio Guarini, Simonetti’s keyboard replacement after he left in 1979.
By OrgasmoSonore
And Secret Chiefs 3 as an opening act is just awesome too. Ok, tickets purchased. ;)
By OrgasmoSonore
In my original post, I put it wrong, I meant "bass and drums" are guys from Daemonia. Sorry.
By el diabolik
Expect GOBLIN, but played in a slightly goth metal style, and sans the funky '70s edge.
By monsterworship
So what is the likelihood that they will play anything from Tenebre?
By siforster
2 guys from Simonetti’s Daemonia

Are they the ones who did that thing on the Suspiria DVD extras?
By maxvelvet
I think that it's a bit strange that this tour was approved under the monicker of "Goblin", I was expecting these concerts as "New Goblin" as they did recently; from 2001, the original monicker can only be used by a line-up composed simultaneously by Marangolo-Simonetti-Morante-Pignatelli. I'm pretty sure that the original line-up will never play together again...last time happened only at the beginning of the recordings of Nonhosonno [Sleepless]....

The line-up should be the following:

Claudio Simonetti - keyboards
Massimo Morante - guitars
Maurizio Guarini - keyboards
Bruno Previtali - bass (Daemonia)
Titta Tani - drums (Daemonia)

If you want to know how they sound in 2013, check their recently "Live In Roma", and no, I don't agree about a metal/goth sound, Daemonia are pretty different! ;) I can only assure you that you will see GREAT shows! (and as Italian I am pretty envious, we have to wait!) :(

;)
By Red Goblin
New Goblin do not perform anything from ‘Buio omega’ or ‘Contamination’. Simonetti and Morante would prefer to be tortured. The New Goblin set focuses on Roller (from one to four tracks), Dawn of the dead (two or three songs), Deep Red (two tracks), Nonhosonno (a two tracks medley), Suspiria, Bagarozzo Mark, Tenebre, Phenomena and BackToTheGoblin (one track from each one).
Goblin Rebirth play songs also from ‘Buio Omega’ ‘Contamination’, ‘La chiesa’.
By jamie
Just booked tickets to see Goblin perform Suspiria in Belfast on the 15th of August.
By dumaisaudio
Just posted in the thread under USA Events, but the tour in December won't have Simonetti, but will have the other four original members.