Buy, sell and trade here. No price gouging , if you are linking to eBay it must have eBay in the title. Please state the price you are willing to sell for or the maximum you are willing to pay.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By tim28212
Is there anyone in here who collects Classical. I have access to a very large classical collection that may be headed for the trash. I've already picked out a few I want but I thougth I would check here to see if anyone had anything they might be interested in me checking for. A favorite composer, Syphony, ect. I do have a listing so if you're interested in seeing it let me know.

Even though it's classical, the idea of all that vinyl heading for the trash hurts me. :)
By deafmetal
Sending the biggest of thanks to @Tim for both saving from the landfill and helping to ship more than a full cube of my favorite classical selections. Also managed to save a few library LP like this Electronic Music comp from ‘65 with all manner of experimental and weird sounds including a couple of very early Carlos pieces. Thank you so much for this.

By ScoJo
What a satisfying end-of-year conclusion to this dangling thread. Electronic Music is a banger. And that’s a whole lotta Wagner!

7456070A-BCCE-4488-A388-336342ED3466.gif
7456070A-BCCE-4488-A388-336342ED3466.gif (345.06 KiB) Viewed 3928 times
By deafmetal
I wish we could have saved the entire library archive. The list they had of albums was exhaustive and impressive. There were some very interesting regional folk & jazz stuff along with all manner of world music library stuff. I could only imagine that some of those are quite rare, and who knows how well it has been digitized and made available. Perhaps @Tim has info on that, but I get concerned when libraries just toss their vinyl archives into the landfill.
By tim28212
@deafmetal, Thanks for the update. I hope you get much enjoyment from them. Everything I've had time to listen to, that I took, has been in pretty nice shape. Many times then jacket is in worse condition than the vinyl. Like you I wish we could have saved more. My heart broke seeing all that vinyl tossed into a big bin. I was told they were getting "recycled" but I'm not really convinced of that. As far as I'm aware, nothing was digitized. Our music library, located in a separate building, renovated a few years back (before Covid) and sent the collection over to us where it just sat on the shelves. The collection saw very little circulation. We recently got a new director of Public Services and he wanted the collection gone. It's probably a good thing I'm not well versed in classical and library music or I might have taken more than I needed. :/