Buy, sell and trade here. No price gouging , if you are linking to eBay it must have eBay in the title. Please state the price you are willing to sell for or the maximum you are willing to pay.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Hatter313
Little Walter wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:46 pm
Hatter313 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:24 pm Wow, boy is it HOT down here. Extra little burst of summer for my year haha.
Yeah, we aren't messing around. Try not to burn.

Decided to kill some time today and finally visit end of an ear on my fourth trip to Austin ....boy was that a financial mistake. I figured I would find one or two things from people I wouldn’t see all weekend....I found a lot more than that, including a minty fresh dunwich horror....this place is a miracle and I wish we still had good record stores in NYC like this.
By Hatter313
inksb wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:29 pm What else did you grab Hatter?
Couple of things I missed out on or didn’t know were even out there, like that funhouse limited to 500 (guessing it’s a boot)
Attachments
AAB6FF87-7ADD-4391-85C3-82F82FC2EC70.jpeg
AAB6FF87-7ADD-4391-85C3-82F82FC2EC70.jpeg (2.07 MiB) Viewed 4295 times
By inksb
The Funhouse is definitely a boot but still pretty good from what others have said around here. I'd like to get a copy eventually. Nice haul!
By Hatter313
deafmetal wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:40 pm Nice haul, CJ, especially on that Dunwich Horror. Dang, wishing I was in Austin today.

You are sorely missed, sir. Already ran into @cult, and William stout and I had a quick chat on the street. (Literally every year I run into him before the show and end up BS’ing with him for a bit, such a chill guy you’d never know how much pop culture aesthetic is due to him) Show hasn’t even started yet and it’s already a ball this year.
By Mateo Sanboval
Hatter313 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:14 pm
deafmetal wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:40 pm Nice haul, CJ, especially on that Dunwich Horror. Dang, wishing I was in Austin today.

You are sorely missed, sir. Already ran into @cult, and William stout and I had a quick chat on the street. (Literally every year I run into him before the show and end up BS’ing with him for a bit, such a chill guy you’d never know how much pop culture aesthetic is due to him) Show hasn’t even started yet and it’s already a ball this year.
Kiss Cult for me. On the lips.
By Hatter313
I’ll pass along the message
By Mateo Sanboval
Hatter313 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:34 am I’ll pass along the message
Top man.
By Hatter313
Frizzi Beyond Cut test pressing....that is all
By Hatter313
I’ll take a picture of the final haul tomorrow....I should probably go home tonight if I want to have any money left.
By Bezulsqy
So how was this years edition? It looks like there were not as many records as previous editions.
Any news coming from the panels?
By Hatter313
it was a really great time, I posted some teases in the new releases page, they are doing the wizard of oz, ghostbusters (looks like the film, NOT the game, so I’m curious what we all heard in the monthly mix) and freaked.
By ScoJo
Yeah.... well if it's Ghostbusters the movie, I guess it'll be a similar thing to the recent Blade Runner 2049 ie same music as recent nice-price edition from Sony, but £30 more expensive

;)

Speaking of which- thinking of that Mondo 'The Fifth Element' which I snagged way back, which probably hit me for close to £70 with shipping+customs (ugh), but have you guys clocked the Eric Serra/Besson reissues recently that are all around £13-15 for double LPs in gatefold sleeve, with original release art?? Leon, Nikita, Big Blue, Subway, and Fifth Element.
I got Leon and Nikita, they both sound mighty fine.
By inksb
Hatter313 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:24 pm it was a really great time, I posted some teases in the new releases page, they are doing the wizard of oz, ghostbusters (looks like the film, NOT the game, so I’m curious what we all heard in the monthly mix) and freaked.
Did you end up picking up any prints? I just saw Mondo posted a pic of Drew Struzan, it looked like he's charging $150 for prints of his poster designs? I would love one but damn that's pricey.
By Hatter313
inksb wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:02 pm
Hatter313 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:24 pm it was a really great time, I posted some teases in the new releases page, they are doing the wizard of oz, ghostbusters (looks like the film, NOT the game, so I’m curious what we all heard in the monthly mix) and freaked.
Did you end up picking up any prints? I just saw Mondo posted a pic of Drew Struzan, it looked like he's charging $150 for prints of his poster designs? I would love one but damn that's pricey.
I did a bunch of prints, I’ll post them when I get them all unrolled and in a flat file. I got a small blade runner signed by him, glossy jet, not screen print. He charges $50 for the signature, and there’s a bunch of full size stuff there as well, and some originals which were anywhere form $700 to $5,000. He had an original first blood one sheet signed for I think $550 or around that.
By deafmetal
Hatter313 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:54 pmHe had an original first blood one sheet signed for I think $550 or around that.
Struzan! That First Blood one sheet sounds rad.

This reminds me I need to get my Blade Runner print framed. I've been slacking on that... along with missing MondoCon.