Buy, sell and trade here. No price gouging , if you are linking to eBay it must have eBay in the title. Please state the price you are willing to sell for or the maximum you are willing to pay.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By ghostfires
I have an extra copy of the blue iris colored vinyl soundtrack for Blue Sunshine, as well as one extra copy of the blue VHS tape...both released at the showing tonight. I couldn't stay for the whole movie, as I have to fly out super early tomorrow morning. ANYWAYS...I'm looking to trade these extra copies. There were quite a few people there tonight, and I saw many people get in line several times over, buying multiple copies...so I'm sure these will start flipping hard & fast.

What I'm looking for...

A Field In England soundtrack
Rosemary's Baby Red/Blue double-sided variant
Daft Punk's Tron soundtrack

Beyond The Black Rainbow VHS from Mondo

Aside from those...I'm not sure I'm really dying to track down any other soundtracks at the moment. It would have to be something else I'm looking for, like Bohren Und Der Club Of Gore, or Dale Cooper Quartet.

If all above fails, then I suppose I could hold onto these until RSD14 and see if anyone wants to trade some exclusives I'm unable to get?
By ghostfires
Huh? As in...
By dannybos
I think the "huh" may be referring to some of the below shout outs ... Boned.

"Unfortunately I can’t make the drive down for the screening this time. If anyone has an extra person going that can grab me one I would really appreciate it. I’d gladly buy their ticket and can paypal money over right away."

"ditto!"

"Ditto, gang. This is one of my all time favorite butter films and I’d love this beautiful variant. I’d happily pay for a ticket or an additional record or whatever. Cheers!"

"Hey, gang! I live 1500 miles from Austin and want very badly to get this blue iris variant to one of my all time favorite psychedelics, Blue Sunshine. I would happily pay for anybody’s ticket to the screening or for their own copy of the lp as well my own. If anyone can help, please let me know."
By ghostfires
Well I've asked quite a few times for UK or European vinyl buddies with zero answers, and so I got a bit sick of helping out and never being helped out. So I bought an extra copy of each in hopes of actually getting a hold of something just as rare that I want. I see no harm in that.

It would be one thing if I had agreed to help someone, then bail on them in favor of trading or selling, but I never agreed with anyone on anything. Am I to be lectured on what to do with what I purchase?

Surely this forum hasn't turned into a social justice committee, where I should be handing over any extras I have because it's not fair for me to use them to gain something I want...or has it??
By unpopular_poet
I would agree with ghostfires -- there are times where vinyl buddy works out and sometimes it doesn't. I didn't for one second think this was an unreasonable request -- people trade on here all the time. Anything less would result in a system where, if I had an extra of anything, I would need to offer it up at cost to anyone on here prior to my attempting to trade it for something I want. Seems relatively insane to me.
By Whip Wilson
You bought a record for the express purpose of trading it to members of a board who offered to pay for your entry and your LP in exchange for a copy of something they wanted to collect, but couldn't because of proximity. All while simultaneously commiserating with those same folks about how poorly Mondo is run and how lame it is that the product doesn't get into the hands of the collector. That is not the same thing as simply having "an extra copy." That is very close to, if not the exact same thine as, flipping which I understand is frowned upon 'round these parts. Not having someone pick up your request for a vinyl buddy can be frustrating, but perpetuating that behavior yourself will not increase your (or anyone else's) odds of having a successful vinyl buddy hookup going forward. Nor does it justify you flipping/trading that record out of spite to people on the board who weren't the ones that burned you in the first place. That is some serious slasher film villain logic at work. You are absolutely correct about one thing however: You don't owe anybody anything, but it is pretty shitty to use this board to prove that point.
By ghostfires
I believe you're taking this way too personally. I did nothing out of spite. My statement was very clear. I didn't volunteer to be a vinyl buddy because I wanted to use the extra copy I got to trade for something else I want. Is that flipping? I don't see it as such...I'm not making a profit, nor am I driving up the market. I'm simply waiting to use it toward getting another vinyl release that someone else would have an extra copy of. If you don't like that, perhaps you need to start yelling at every person on this board that has purchased a duplicate of any release out there.

So everyone that ordered 2 copies of the Rosemary's Baby soundtrack and received multiple copies of the blue/red limited edition...did you lecture those guys for receiving two copies? How about guys that bought two copies of The Fog on black vinyl at the U.K. screening last year? Did you lecture those people for not giving up their extra copy to a guy in the U.S. that couldn't make it out there!? No? You didn't? Maybe it's because that didn't affect you that time.

You're only yelling at me particularly because it is something you specifically requested on this forum, and I didn't bow down to your request...so now you want to throw a childish fit. Get over it. You missed out. Guess what, we all do at times. I never once thought last night that I would buy a duplicate and then post it on this forum so I could upset someone else. Why the hell would I care that much about what you think!? Get over yourself!

I literally bought a second copy with high hopes of trading it for exactly what I stated above. I missed out on those items, and would love to own a copy..WITHOUT paying the high dollars they go for on eBay. Does anyone OWE it to me to hand over their duplicate copy of anything I listed above because I wasn't lucky enough to buy one in time? or show up at an event? hah.

I can express my distaste for Mondo, and still attend one of their events and pick up a copy of their vinyl. I never said "i will never buy from mondo again." I simply stated I don't like how they handle business, and think the other labels handle it much better. I was never commiserating with you on how I missed out on something...you're making leaps, and taking my comments out of context.

Now - if a moderator wants to step in and tell me that I no longer can express my thoughts/concerns over these soundtracks that we're all spending our hard-earned money on because I dared buy a duplicate copy and NOT hand it over to Mr. Sanboval right away, then please do so and I will gladly remove myself from this forum. If not, then Mr. Sanboval - drop your whining, leave me alone, and hopefully allow someone who has something to offer come in and make a trade with me if they'd like. Thank you.
By Whip Wilson
You're eyes scanned the words, but their meaning did not sink in. I'm not mad, I'm dissapointed. Have a good night, bud.
By antimax
Considering the blue iris variant sold for $199 on ebay yesterday (JESUS CHRIST WTF?!?!?!) I don't think that @ghostfires is in the wrong with his trade offer whatsoever.
By goodnightcigarettes
Or you could just buy the "normal" editions Friday...
By freshoj
I would be interested in trading, drop me a line at john AT freshoj DOT com
By deathwaltz
I tell you what
I'll send you a copy of field in england and you can send Blue Sunshine to someone that wants it .
you're happy. They're happy.
By ghostfires
While I do appreciate the offer spencer, I have already accepted an offer to trade with a member of this forum for the double sided Rosemary's baby OST. I would love to get a copy of field in England, but it's just too highly priced.

I'm still just in shock that what I'm doing is so awful. Why is this such a problem? Everyone is acting like trades don't occur on this board, and I'm the worst person here for daring to ask for something I want in trade for something I have. When did trades become so contentious? All I want to do is get something I had no chance in getting in the first place.

Last RSD spencer I traded you my 2nd copy of the mondo drive picture disc for your RSD 7" releases. I bought a second copy, not to make a big profit, but to trade with someone that was able to buy something I couldn't. That to me is a much more valuable vinyl buddy system than just going to buy something for someone.
By deathwaltz
Dude
I am not saying you have done anything wrong I was just trying to solve a problem Before it's gets out of hand.
As long as you can sleep at night I wouldn't worry about what others think :)
That's my motto
By ghostfires
I'd sleep better owning a copy of field in England, buuuuuuut whatever! Heh. I'm fine with how I'm dealing with the trade, it's a positive trade. A forum member gets a record he wants, I in turn receive a record I want. Easy transaction, both parties will be happy!
By chandler75
ghostfires: I don't see a problem with what you're doing. You offered to pay the ticket (or an extra vinyl) for whoever would be willing to pick up a copy for you. When that didn't work out and you now have a hot commodity, obviously you'd what to trade it for something good...

And hey, I can trade you a copy of A Field In England - if you'll take a tape, that is :)
By ghostfires
The vinyl is gone, BUT I do still have the BLUE edition of the VHS. If anyone is willing to trade Mondo's Beyond The Black Rainbow, that is really what I'm after. If no one has a spare copy, I'm always open to offers!