General vinyl talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By tim28212
@phil, when I was looking at houses I was single and knew I wanted a dedicated listening room, the room was a big selling point for this house. I feel lucky to have it because now that I am no longer single I'm not sure the room would be at the top of the list of things to look for in a house. :)
By deathwaltz
12 months ago yes :/

I have lived in london 9 years and moved 8 times ... It's super depressing

Finally decided to leave London ....

We are moving to Margate Old Town and are going to open a Gallery / Record Store in January !
By Hardrain02
As someone who lives in the very South of the South East this is awesome news. This area desperately needs a record store of decent caliber as I'm sure yours will be.

I wont have to keep trekking to Rough Trade or Flashback every couple of months now. I don't mind the time it takes to get to them and they are both lovey stores but having something I could drive to in 50 mins would be awesome. The gallery would go down well in Margate too, especially with the Margate Tate Gallery so close.
By horseloverphat
[quote=26806]The slip mats belonged to 45 King (for anyone interested in hip hop). I also have a second one Pro-ject deck set up in the lounge. With more records….[/quote]

DJ Mark The 45 King...The 900 Number. Yup...a legend!!!
By static14
ugh 8 moves in 9 years. Just thinking about that makes me feel like I'm having a panic attack.

That's awesome about the shop though! Will the artwork also be up for grabs on the DW site or will it be a separate thing?
By ghostfires
Nothing fancy unfortunately, but it works for now.

By Peek-a-boo
@scottyboy71 yes it's a signed copy of By All Means Necessary but no Scott La Rock, just KRS.
By Peek-a-boo
@jmctodo thanks! @horseloverfat one of my mates shaperoned him round the UK for a few gigs & he left them by accident. My mate kindly gave them to me because he didn't have any turntables. A prize possession!
By Ptflea2
Phil,

Is that Kraken rum hiding in the background? :)
By Ronnies-Pockets
Out of interest, why with such a beautiful set up would you chose a direct drive turntable?
By static14
@Ronnie Simply put because it sounds great! :) I've tweaked the table over the years and that's elevated it's performance quite a bit.

Over the years I've owned DD, Belt, and Idler tables and this table is by far my favorite of the bunch.
By Hatter313
i just picked up a copy of the TD legend score, (and the Goldsmith one too) nice to see it on the wall with SW and Halloween!
By philball1974
ha! well spotted! It just goes so well with soothing ambient soundscapes. Rum or a fine single malt!
By deathwaltz
Finally settled in new flat in Margate
set the main stereo up in the loft

Looks a bit like an altar - let the sacrifice begin

also picked up this Electrohome 711 Apollo a while back , got it super cheap as it's Canadian and the motor runs at a different speed so even with a transformer it plays records the wrong speed in the UK .. dropped it to Audio Gold in Crouch End (best shop in the UK) and Ben and the boys took it apart and fitted a new motor system and now it runs like a dream.
Absolute design classic.

By chandler75
Nice setup! Is that a gigantic white dildo...?
By Spun out of control
@Rasmus

Was wondering the same - kind of sticks out like a sore...

Clockwork Orange reference?

Think it's the vaulted ceiling that makes it resemble a church altar. :) Love the Electrohome 711 - never seen that before & looks like like something from Forbidden Planet: i.e 'if Robbie the Robot had a record player...'
By deathwaltz
yes it is the rocking chair from A Clockwork Orange :)
By jdubtxn
It's not the original one right? I went to the Stanley Kubrick exhibition when it was in LACMA in LA. It was beyond awesome. Got to the see the Korova Milk Bar girls and the famous turntable. Plus seeing some original Saul Bass art work.
By deathwaltz
yes that one but I paid less than two thirds of that ...
madness
By toosoonjunior
My humble setup. I am also one of the fortunate few who works from home and spin all day. My desk/computer is on the opposite side from the records, along with another speaker. Just moved to a new place, so I still have some things to put on the walls.

By Pain_Bubbles
[quote=35178]It’s not the original one right? I went to the Stanley Kubrick exhibition when it was in LACMA in LA. It was beyond awesome. Got to the see the Korova Milk Bar girls and the famous turntable. Plus seeing some original Saul Bass art work. [/quote]

I think the famous turntable (Or the Michell reissue) is actually in Deathwaltz's pic aswell :)
By mexico86
some great set ups - think I need to up my game a little!
By palmat
Looks great! Nice and clean setup. Love your design aesthetic.