General vinyl talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By freshoj
Not sure anyone makes cassette decks anymore, I remember it made the news a couple years back when Sony stopped. Anyone else?
By hncreature
@monsterworship - We're pretty much on the same page

Denon – DP-300F w/ Ortofon 2M Red Cartridge
VPI - HW 16.5 Record Cleaning Machine

Onkyo - TX SR706 receiver
Onkyo - SKS-HT530 7.1 surround
Fisher - DS-835 3way speakers

@Rasmus - Looks straight from an IKEA catalog...super clean...very nice!
By chandler75
hncreature: Haha, thanks (I think... ;)

I like clean and spacious. I'm a bit of an OCD that way. Also, I work from home (from the other end of the living room, from where the picture is taken), so too much mess can be distracting.
By ghostfires
Speaking of set ups - I'm about to start upgrading mine. Does anyone have any experience with Infinity floor standing speakers? I'm looking at the Infinity Sterling SS 2004 floors. Just wondering if anyone has or has had them, and if you would recommend them or not...?
By hncreature
@Rasmus - Absolute compliment!

OCD...got a touch of that myself...see those wires in the bottom photo...I've grown to be unaware of them - The turntable mats...always dead straight...and those two pieces usually have dust covers on them...which I like looking crisp - Seeing all the setups pictured here...which all do look very nice...I think we all might be a bit OCD...probably not much cleaned up for the photos
By freshoj
I was definitely impressed to see the VPI RCM sitting out and looking so nice. where does it drain? at this point, mine is gross enough that I keep it in a closet and pull it out for cleaning sessions.
By hncreature
@jmctodo - The hose falls behind it into the stand below it - I don't do too many multi-cleanings at once and I just heavily soak the brush...a Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab Record Brush...with cleaner - It usually isn't too much liquid left behind - Actually last week I did do a handful of Lps while digging through my collection and still didn't seem to fill the tube...I even popped it open to drain and it wasn't much if anything
By tim28212
I finally got my listening room presentable. It was in a bit of disarray working on new bookshelves. Here are a some pics.

front view (the bookcases that had the room in such a mess)

speakers: Thiel 3.6
amp: McIntosh MC300
cables: Morrow Audio Cable (MA & SP 3s)

left side of room

turntable: VPI Aries (original, no mods)
record cleaner: VPI 16.5
records case if full of all my soundtracks

phono preamp: Hagerman Cornet 2
preamp: Classe CP60
transport: Theta Basic II
DA processor: Theta Pro Basic IIIa

right side

all the rest of my vinyl

my room is 13.5' width by 33' length this is the view from the back
By bansel
Digging that Mcintosh Tim. On my wish list :-)
By tim28212
@bansel I love it. Wish I could afford to upgrade to a newer and bigger model but I'm a homeowner now. :)
By bansel
Haha I hear you Tim, I do love the look of the older Mcintosh though, a clean classic look.
However, I have been drooling over their new MT5 turntable. I'd have to sell all my records to afford one though!!
By chuck
So this arrived yesterday! Finally after about 15 years of running a sony stack system deck I bought a new tt! Lightly modded sl1210 mk2, fitted with rega rb250, ortofon 2m red and got rid of the pitch slider. I'm just waiting on a new preamp (ca azur 640). I had my heart set on an rp6, but even with the seconds that pop up now and then I couldn't stretch to that budget... Plus my darling wife said the kids needed new shoes... Bah!

I'm one happy chappy!

By jdubtxn
How do you like the Emotiva static14?
By jdubtxn
Luxman Receiver
Pioneer Tape Deck
Technics 1200 MK5
Marantz Imperial Speakers

I wanted to go full vintage but I just kept getting burned on Turntables. I am happy with the Technics workhorse. Now it's time to slowly upgrade it.

By freshoj
Very glad to see some action on this thread!

Beautiful gear fellas.

@jdubtxn I always had the opposite problem, the vintage TTs held out but the vintage gear was always flaking out on me. Fret not, some might argue that the 1200 series turntables qualify as vintage. :)
By antimax
Awesome speakers, jdubtxn! How do they sound?
By jdubtxn
They sound good. I have heard much better but for Vintage they work great. The dream is to get an old Marantz 22 series and a Marantz 6300.
By Peek-a-boo

Here is my set up.
2 x Technics 1200
Pioneer DJM700
Numark CDJ
Yamaha Amp & Twin cassette deck
Realistic speakers

Missing from shot, about half my records & all my CDs.
By Peek-a-boo
The slip mats belonged to 45 King (for anyone interested in hip hop). I also have a second one Pro-ject deck set up in the lounge. With more records....
By freshoj
45 King!? A Legend. Nice setup and wall selections!
By scottyboy71
@peek-a-boo Is that a signed copy of By Any Means Necessary on your wall?
By scottyboy71
@monsterworship I was thinking of doing something similar to you. How do you find playing through the Onkyo? Any hiss from the 5.1's
By deathwaltz
I want to join this fun but I have just started packing for the move out of London !
By static14
Didn't you just move not that long ago?
By philball1974
Some amazing setups guys. @Tim that is some serious listening room!!

Me I used to have a listening room, then I had 2 kids and started working for myself from home. now I have a listening "station" most of which is late night headphone use!

Am still in the process of updating some parts but haven't quite got round to it, and seeing as everything works and has done for years I've not had to rush!

Set up is as follows:

Rega RP1 TT
Cambridge Audio A300 Amp
Cambridge Audio 640p Phono
KEF Cresta 2 Speakers
Fiio E9 headphone amp
AKG Q701 Quincy Jones signature headphones