General vinyl talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Bezulsqy
We have a new audio system. Our previous system on wheels had a tape deck installed. This one hasn't. But someone put in some nice pioneer speakers and a sony cd player. I bought a gismo to stream audio from my phone to the radio. So I'll still be listening to Spun Out of Control releases in the car :-)

By Bezulsqy
inksb wrote:That car looks awesome @bez I always liked volvo wagons
Thanks! Yes, I have to say this car is pretty awesome indeed. We had been looking for a while but only wanted one with the correct colour :-)
By ScoJo
Bezulsqy wrote:
inksb wrote:That car looks awesome @bez I always liked volvo wagons
Thanks! Yes, I have to say this car is pretty awesome indeed. We had been looking for a while but only wanted one with the correct colour :-)
Mustard Yellow. Delightful mate :)
By deafmetal
Bezulsqy wrote:I always found the word ‘ottoman’ a very strange word for an object to rest your feet on...
I had to look this up to make sure it was not some kind of vulgar term. From https://www.quora.com/Why-are-ottomans-called-ottomans :
Ottoman, the padded, low-lying upholstered chair, got its name from the Ottoman Empire that ruled Turkey in the 1700s. The name Ottoman was derived from Osman, a bey (chieftain) from a tribe in western Turkey, who declared independence from the Seljuk Turks.

Some sources claim Ottoman Turks would usually rest their feet on a footstool found in their house or tent as they lounge.

The first wooden ottomans had no legs that sat “directly on the floor being constructed in box form with storage space under the seat with a non fixed lid.”

The ottoman was eventually brought to Europe from the Ottoman Empire in the late 18th century where salons and social clubs caught the attention of the peculiar furniture. As these salons and clubs became popular, the ottoman also gained notoriety. Eventually, ottomans can be seen in residences and big houses in Europe.

Ottomans have a wide range of styles, shapes and sizes. One style of ottoman serves not only as a footstool and as a seat, but also as a makeshift coffee table.
Also, from wikipedia: "An ottoman can also be known as a footstool,[7] tuffet,[8] hassock,[9] "Sitee",[citation needed] or pouffe."
By milliondollars
these fancy birds look way too lovely and remind me of a list i have started on discogs a while ago. you can have a look HERE. i apologize for the list being so short but i will try to add whatever i can find...

did you buy these birds individually? i guess these are OOP...
By Bezulsqy
milliondollars wrote:these fancy birds look way too lovely and remind me of a list i have started on discogs a while ago. you can have a look HERE. i apologize for the list being so short but i will try to add whatever i can find...

did you buy these birds individually? i guess these are OOP...
Most were bought individually. Some were through e-Bay. But prices on there got are a bit too much at moment. Mike Mitchell does release a new bird every three months or so. Some are limited in number, others are limited in time. I'll give you a heads-up when a new bird is announced.
By inksb
Nice set up! Looks like you need more room for records. Also that Art of Metal Gear book looks awesome. I didnt' know that existed, I may have to pick it up.
By Revolver_OcelScott
inksb wrote:Nice set up! Looks like you need more room for records. Also that Art of Metal Gear book looks awesome. I didnt' know that existed, I may have to pick it up.
Haha yeah, just recently ran out and I have no idea where to go, can't expand sideways.

The MGS book set is amazing. 2 hardcover books inside a handcover case, 800+ pages. Was on sale for <50.

Jimmy_Mike wrote:No poly bags?!! You savage.
Haha yeah, I find it's impossible to read/see the spines in the poly bags. I pack them in loose and gently, but yeah, I probably should.
By inksb
I gave up on polybags as well. They piss me off, get bunched up, you can't read the spines. I still have them on a lot of releases but any time one splits or gets caught on something, it gets trashed. Also my cat occasionally decides at 3-4 in the morning that he's hungry and chews on loose plastic, so the corner of some poly bags and flaps get teeth marks in them, although he generally does this to my poly bags on comics since there is a bigger flap for him to get at.
By Mateo Sanboval
Jimmy_Mike wrote:My rational brain understands the benefits of raw dog, but my OCD is too strong.