General vinyl talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By reddye6
Initial list released. Very excited to see Tangerine Dream’s score for “Strange Behavior.”
By ScoJo
reddye6 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:43 pm Initial list released. Very excited to see Tangerine Dream’s score for “Strange Behavior.”
Oh hell's yes!!
By reddye6
ScoJo wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:54 pm
reddye6 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:43 pm Initial list released. Very excited to see Tangerine Dream’s score for “Strange Behavior.”
Oh hell's yes!!
Also that Terror Vision is putting it out
By inksb
Surprisingly a bunch of stuff I'm interested in. Obviously Blue Velvet but also the following
Jerry Garcia Acoustic Band - Ragged But Right
Prodigy & Alchemist - Return of the Mac (this is very exciting as Prodigy's music has been in limbo since his death due to estate issues)
Bruno Nicolai - La Dama Rossa Uccide Sette Volte (this has two bonus tracks and is spread across 2lps instead of 1 like Dagored pressing
Ralph Stanley & The Clinch Mountain Boys - The Bluegrass Sound
Tangerine Dream - Alpha Centauri (mostly interested in the bonus ep with this)
Tangerine Dream - Strange Behavior (very cool that Terror Vision got this, didn't realize it was them until reading the description on RSD's site)
By tim28212
This looks like a pretty good RSD. Along with some of the other mentioned, I'm pretty excited about Mimic.
By reddye6
Yeah, after a few years of ehhh, there are a bunch of things that I'd like to get -- not including items that I have on CD that if I didn't have, I'd snag.

On my list after a first pass:
- Dead by Daylight v2 OST LP
- The Damned - Strawberries LP
- Edgar Froese - Epsilon in Malaysian Pale LP
- GBH - City Baby Attacked By Rats LP
- Tangerine Dream - Live At Reims Cinema Opera (September 23rd, 1975) 2-LPs
- Tangerine Dream - Strange Behavior OST LP
- May OST 2-LPs (another Terror Vision release)
- V/A - PUNK 45: I'm A Mess! D-I-Y Or Die! Art, Trash & Neon – Punk 45s In The UK 1977-78 2-LPs
By inksb
Jeez they really Hollywood action movie postered that Hitcher cover up. Teal and orange lol
By ScoJo
Yeah. Not 'amazing'. But beggars can't etc etc, just glad it's finally getting a release
By Hatter313
Strange behavior! Yes, nice one Ryan!

edit...ROKY ERICKSON live...be still my heart, ive watched streams of that show, so damn excellent.

That TD Alpha is interesting, i have two versions fo the album already, one int he "in the beginning" box and a double reissue with Aten, but the bonus EP is doing it for me
By reddye6
Looks like the live Tangerine Dream got pushed out to June.
By static14
Somehow I missed the news that Mimic was pushed back until June. :( Got everything else I wanted though.
By reddye6
I was hoping to get that Froese, but my store didn’t have it. This is what I ended up getting:
Attachments
72E54A28-A60E-4555-B79C-76AFFC6E20A2.jpeg
72E54A28-A60E-4555-B79C-76AFFC6E20A2.jpeg (1.93 MiB) Viewed 1366 times
By Hatter313
Oh I forgot about strange behavior, gotta get that and I guess the wampyr release for the art alone even if I have that content most other places
By Bub
Hatter313 wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:51 pm Oh I forgot about strange behavior, gotta get that and I guess the wampyr release for the art alone even if I have that content most other places
It appears to have film versions so still worth it

...the music of Goblin was used, this time taken from the albums “Roller” and “Il Fantastico Viaggio del Bagarozzo Mark”, here included in their ‘film versions’, different from those contained in the two mentioned albums. In addition, this LP contains two other songs used in “Wampyr” that were never officially released before, “Strange Terminal” and “Royal Road”, written by composer Aldo Salvi, to make this release even more exclusive.
By Hatter313
Bub wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:56 pm
Hatter313 wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:51 pm Oh I forgot about strange behavior, gotta get that and I guess the wampyr release for the art alone even if I have that content most other places
It appears to have film versions so still worth it

...the music of Goblin was used, this time taken from the albums “Roller” and “Il Fantastico Viaggio del Bagarozzo Mark”, here included in their ‘film versions’, different from those contained in the two mentioned albums. In addition, this LP contains two other songs used in “Wampyr” that were never officially released before, “Strange Terminal” and “Royal Road”, written by composer Aldo Salvi, to make this release even more exclusive.
Oh good to know! Well then worth it indeed!
By Revolver_OcelScott
Fingers crossed, got decent prices on Wampyr and Blue Velvet on Discogs. Blue Velvet was gone by the time my turn hit, and the discogs price for Wampyr was 10 dollars less. Hopefully they orders go through.
By inksb
I worked yesterday and met my brothers at a record store before going out to dinner. Funny thing is that the record store didn't participate in RSD so I didn't have a chance to look through RSD stuff.

Apparently that Edgar Froese repress is a bit of a lie, it's not the original album but the 2004 remix.

I just grabbed Goblin for $30 on Discogs, figured that's a safer bet than trying to get a 2HD copy this week if they have any left. I'll be buying the two Terror Vision records from their webstore when they put them up
By Revolver_OcelScott
inksb wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:57 pm I worked yesterday and met my brothers at a record store before going out to dinner. Funny thing is that the record store didn't participate in RSD so I didn't have a chance to look through RSD stuff.
This has been my problem is well. I have 2 record stores, one 20min away, only does used or big release stuff. The other is about an hour away, participates, but has never gotten in any of the stuff I was after. RSD is great and all, but I feel like it always ends up being me paying aftermarket prices, or just being priced out because the resale is sky high.
By Hatter313
I got roky and strange behavior on discogs, hopefully the order goes through, goblin seems like it might be elusive for a bit

Edit. Or just go on discogs. Ok so all three I wanted ordered, not to see if they get shipped
By inksb
Hatter313 wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:43 pm I got roky and strange behavior on discogs, hopefully the order goes through, goblin seems like it might be elusive for a bit

Edit. Or just go on discogs. Ok so all three I wanted ordered, not to see if they get shipped
Hope you didn't overpay for Strange Behavior. Ryan said he's putting up Strange Behavior and May up on the website on Monday for those that couldn't get copies yesterday.