General vinyl talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

Adding in that "Let's Scare Jessica..." really skews things...

Surprised Le Matos is so far up there...

Still kicking myself for not jumping on The Keep. Was skint at the time & not checking the board so much so as to avoid temptation :)
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (234.45 KiB) Viewed 1729 times
inksb wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:13 pm Still hunting for a copy of Rendez Vous. At this point I'm hoping Four Flies or Sonor reissue it. I haven't seen a copy pop up stateside in almost 2 years between discogs and ebay.
Perhaps they will at some point. It's a killer LP full of Nicolai bangers. I negotiated a deal with this and Edda's Classical Machine... but think I still ended up paying in the region of £70.
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:43 pm Man, that Ghibli number would be significantly higher if Discogs took into account how much I sold mine for on eBay a couple of years ago. I bought a lot of good vinyl from that sale.
I have a friend who owns that, he's not really a vinyl guy, he has a handful of old records from his dad and bought a few over the years. I tried to explain to him that one is worth a lot and he wasn't even aware that it was a collection of ghibli songs from various movies, he thought it was just the Mononoke soundtrack. I told him if he wanted to make some money to sell it on ebay but he doesn't even care about it.
Spun out of control wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:48 pm
inksb wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:13 pm Still hunting for a copy of Rendez Vous. At this point I'm hoping Four Flies or Sonor reissue it. I haven't seen a copy pop up stateside in almost 2 years between discogs and ebay.
Perhaps they will at some point. It's a killer LP full of Nicolai bangers. I negotiated a deal with this and Edda's Classical Machine... but think I still ended up paying in the region of £70.
I'd pay over $100 at this point. Unfortunately with shipping from Italy the price ends up being closer to $150+ for a copy. I'm waiting til international shipping evens out a bit more and try to negotiate a price with one of the guys that have had it listed forever on discogs.
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:43 pm Man, that Ghibli number would be significantly higher if Discogs took into account how much I sold mine for on eBay a couple of years ago. I bought a lot of good vinyl from that sale.
You know...now that I have the full reissue scores from what I want, may be time to move that on
I had all three variants and only one was ever opened. I spun it a few times, but it just wasn't in heavy rotation so I shuffled them along as a set. Beautiful looking packages. I can see why Ghibli fans would collect them even if they're not super into vinyl. In most cases, I don't really get that, but I thought these were showpiece good looking.
I bought 4 sets of those Ghibli LPS at the Mondo both at SDCC when no one gave a fuck, and I passed them on at cost to a bunch of people who have since moved on from STBC and probably made bank. i only kept the one with the OBI. wish i had those now to flip.
here is my spensive vinyls:

1. Trent Reznor / Atticus Ross - The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo
2. Batman: The Animated Series Vinyl Box Set
3. Geinoh Yamashirogumi = 芸能山城組* - Symphonic Suite Akira = Original
4. Tangerine Dream - The Keep (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) blowout
5.John Carpenter - Anthology (Movie Themes 1974-1998) liquid filled
6. Daniele Patucchi - Sharks And Men LP promo
monsterworship wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:33 pm
I bought 4 sets of those Ghibli LPS at the Mondo both at SDCC when no one gave a fuck, and I passed them on at cost to a bunch of people who have since moved on from STBC and probably made bank. i only kept the one with the OBI. wish i had those now to flip.
So do I, Brother Chad!
monsterworship wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:38 pm here is my spensive vinyls:

I was 'in a break' from soundtrack buying when that Dragon Tattoo box happened.

I..... no longer take breaks from anything.

😰😰😰😰😰😰😰
ScoJo wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:32 pm
monsterworship wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:38 pm here is my spensive vinyls:

I was 'in a break' from soundtrack buying when that Dragon Tattoo box happened.

I..... no longer take breaks from anything.

😰😰😰😰😰😰😰
I chased mine down at the post office. I had it shipped to my old office and the building I was in would get packages a day after they were scanned delivery (common for office buildings in NYC I think) and I got the delivery scan the day before the holiday break when the building would be closed. So I walked down to the post office and asked if I could pick it up. They say they don’t have it, that it was delivered and that it’s at my building. I tell them that’s not the case and how THEY told us it works for the building, they insist.

LITERALLY Behind the person I’m explaining this to is the box, I can see it, it has GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK printed on the box (thanks Trent)

I point to it, I say “it’s right there”

The person behind the counter says “it can’t be, yours has been delivered”

The manager comes over, I explain again. He goes “oh that building? , yeah those are all for that building, give me your ID” which I have been holding out for ten minutes trying to get the first person to take. He looks at the ID, he looks at the label, he hands me my box.

I cover it with my coat and run through the snow to the garage I was parked in and laugh all the way back to burbs.

Merry Christmas
inksb wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:30 pm I have Okami and wondered why it didn't show up on my list with numbers like that, so I thought maybe I forgot to add it. It's on there but apparently the black version has never been sold on discogs. Kind of crazy that no one has sold a copy of the "common" variant.
That is pretty crazy that it hasn't sold in black.