General vinyl talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By monsterworship
i find the longer cleaning cycle works better.
also do you keep reusing the same water each time or pour new?

i just been using the same one but have only done about 5 records thus far.

i'm still going to spin clean my used records first.
By static14
I'm doing the longer cleaning and drying cycles as well. I used the same tank for the first 4 or 5 records I did, and just dumped it when I closed up shop for the night. With the machine having 2 different water filters I wouldn't think it'd be a problem to reuse the water a number of times unless you're doing like an epic cleaning session.
By inksb
@static any chance you're able to do an audio comparison of before and after on a record? Not super important but I'd be curious to hear one. I may end up ordering one of these after the holidays.
By static14
@Inks I should be able to hook up the computer and grab some before an after samples after the holidays. I've all ready gone through my stack of "needs to be cleaned" albums, but I'm sure I'll pick up something else used between now and then. :)

Also I've switched from using distilled plus ilfotol, to using distilled with AIVS' new ultrasonic cleaner. +/- 16ml to a gallon of distilled water so this bottle should last a good long while. Highly recommended.
Attachments
IMG_6474.jpg
IMG_6474.jpg (367.04 KiB) Viewed 1604 times
By havershaw
I am really thrilled to be discovering this thread - I get all of my used records ultra-sonically cleaned at my local store (which is half an hour away) and they *just* raised the price to $5 per record, which kiiiiiiinda sucks. I usually bring in like 10-15 records at a time, so the $2 price increase really adds up for me.

Kinda thinking I need to get one of these immediately.
By havershaw
At $3 each, it didn’t seem like much, and really, I felt like it was pretty transformative for old records.
By havershaw
In case anyone is curious about this company’s turnaround time:

I ordered one of these when I made the above post (Dec 15) and FedEx just left it at my door 5 minutes ago!
By havershaw
Nope, I’ve been working all day but my wife told me it arrived so hopefully I can give it a go tonight, if I don’t end up working too late.
By monsterworship
havershaw wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:45 pm In case anyone is curious about this company’s turnaround time:

I ordered one of these when I made the above post (Dec 15) and FedEx just left it at my door 5 minutes ago!
yeah I received mine in 4 days from when it shipped, crazy shipping.
By inksb
So I got a Xmas bonus and I'm considering grabbing this, what are you thoughts so far @static and @monster?
By static14
I'm loving it so far. At least on par with an Okki Nokki in terms of how well it works and it's so friggin easy to use. hit a button and walk away if you want.
By havershaw
Ok I am loving this.
BED756E3-126C-453F-88F9-840721BF1DC7.jpeg
BED756E3-126C-453F-88F9-840721BF1DC7.jpeg (327.52 KiB) Viewed 1482 times
By inksb
static14 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:54 pm @Inks I should be able to hook up the computer and grab some before an after samples after the holidays. I've all ready gone through my stack of "needs to be cleaned" albums, but I'm sure I'll pick up something else used between now and then. :)

Also I've switched from using distilled plus ilfotol, to using distilled with AIVS' new ultrasonic cleaner. +/- 16ml to a gallon of distilled water so this bottle should last a good long while. Highly recommended.
Where did you buy this? Did you buy direct from Audio Intelligent? It's the only place I can find it for sale
By havershaw
I bought a bottle too and yeah that’s the only place I could find it.

(So far I’ve only been using water because I just wanted to get it going quick, but I’ll probably start with that stuff later today.)

I also have a giant pile of records to be cleaned, so maybe I’ll do some before and after rips too.

I’m curious to see if re-cleaning using the cleaning solution will make an *additional* difference?
By tim28212
I'm trying to abstain from any big purchases and this thread is NOT helping. :)
By static14
inksb wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 3:13 pm
static14 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:54 pm @Inks I should be able to hook up the computer and grab some before an after samples after the holidays. I've all ready gone through my stack of "needs to be cleaned" albums, but I'm sure I'll pick up something else used between now and then. :)

Where did you buy this? Did you buy direct from Audio Intelligent? It's the only place I can find it for sale
I got it from Osage audio
By inksb
$15 shipping is extortion lol
I'll have to pick some up next week
By havershaw
inksb wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:51 pm $15 shipping is extortion lol
I know, the shipping totally shocked me too. To be fair, it’s priority mail and it was an actual $12.70.
By inksb
havershaw wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:00 pm
inksb wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:51 pm $15 shipping is extortion lol
I know, the shipping totally shocked me too. To be fair, it’s priority mail and it was an actual $12.70.
Priority is a shit show right now. NY to VA for a single LP under $10. NY to WA for single LP $22