General vinyl talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Mateo Sanboval
That's almost unreasonably inexpensive.
By Mateo Sanboval
If these are legit, they'll be available on Amazon for $350-400 within the year. They're already more than doubly funded so I might let others vet these and keep my powder dry until they hit the open market. The peace of mind to be able to read first hand reviews and, if necessary, to return it through a major market retailer rather that organize repairs via HK is well worth roughly $50 to me. Very tempting though.
By inksb
Looks like Spencer from DW bought one of these. I just saw it posted on his IG stories. I'm really curious to hear what people think of this thing. I'd easily switch to ultrasonic for $400.
By static14
i'm gonna try and grab one from the first retail batch later in the month. If I do I'll be sure to give it a full write up on here.

My Okki Nokki vacuum motor burned out for the second time last month.
By monsterworship
so far all of the reviews i've seen have been great, but really i think its more of a longterm concern than anything for me.

but i'm going to grab one when they go on sale this month for sure.
By inksb
People are saying $188 shipping to US and $300 CAD. That's wild
By monsterworship
I bought the one with the attachments and such. it was around 4821 HK shipped. about $619 USD shipped.
By inksb
monsterworship wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:15 pm I bought the one with the attachments and such. it was around 4821 HK shipped. about $619 USD shipped.
Looking forward to your thoughts on it. And any one else who buys one.
By monsterworship
inksb wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:14 pm People are saying $188 shipping to US and $300 CAD. That's wild
they just posted on their facebook that there was an error in the shipping costs, and will be issuing refunds on those.
Looks to only be around $88 so that's pretty sweet.
By static14
yeah i got a partial shipping refund a few minutes after ordering.

One hiccup though is my order shows I'm getting a type 3 (G) power adapter when I ordered a type 1 (A). I contacted them hopefully they can fix it without too much hassle.
By monsterworship
static14 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:39 pm yeah i got a partial shipping refund a few minutes after ordering.

One hiccup though is my order shows I'm getting a type 3 (G) power adapter when I ordered a type 1 (A). I contacted them hopefully they can fix it without too much hassle.
my receipt says Type 1 (A), hopefully they get that fixed for you.
By static14
UPDATE! It showed up today and I'm just about finished cleaning the first record. I'll report back once it's done.
By inksb
Bezulsqy wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:42 pm Techmoan also got a copy:

A bunch of people in the comments are saying he's not using the right liquid in the machine which improves results.