General vinyl talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Revolver_OcelScott
Ok, so I'm in a dilemma. I have too many vinyl records. I bought these cube storage from Amazon and they are great, but here's my problem. I can't fit another cube in the space I have. I have 12.2inches width. Does anyone know of any stackable cubes that are that width?

By ScoJo
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:34 pm Ok, so I'm in a dilemma. I have too many vinyl records. I bought these cube storage from Amazon and they are great, but here's my problem. I can't fit another cube in the space I have. I have 12.2inches width. Does anyone know of any stackable cubes that are that width?

It's a bit of a weird in-between size you're after unfortunately, so outside of having something custom built, you could maybe look into something like these, stackable 'narrow' individual units. There's lots out there, ranging from 8" to 13" :

https://www.hartleysdirect.com/hartleys ... e-box.html

https://www.juno.co.uk/products/zomo-vs ... 431860-01/

By Revolver_OcelScott
Those narrow ones are perfect. Unfortunately the one doesn't ship to the US, the other is 80 bucks shipping. Thanks for the leads though, trying to see if any are in the US
By zuko
Are the cubes you've got solid wood or particle board? If the former you could just buy three more and trim down the width.
By Revolver_OcelScott
zuko wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:59 pm Are the cubes you've got solid wood or particle board? If the former you could just buy three more and trim down the width.
That's what I was hoping to do, the company no longer exists. Bought a psudo replica, hoping it works out. It only the wall was 3 inches larger this wouldn't even have been a darn issue!
By Bezulsqy
Adding some small extra cubes are not going to do a lot for you in the long run.
In six months those will be filled. Maybe think bigger and rearrange that whole wall?
Less vinyl is never the answer :-)
By ScoJo
I would def add that generally speaking I would say having your LPs jammed together that tightly in the cubes is possibly not going to do them any favours - you could reduce each cube to 80% capacity and take the pressure off - but then you'll definitely need a longer-term storage expansion plan! :)
By inksb
I have to do a massive rearrange, reorganize and figure out what the fuck I'm doing with all the records I have. I almost always have a "new" stack next to the turntable which keeps getting higher and higher. I filled all my living room bins I built. I need to go back to my cube wall and move stuff around and make room for the stuff from the living room. I don't like having my records split between two rooms. It keeps me from remembering some stuff that got put in the other room.
By Revolver_OcelScott
ScoJo wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:04 pm I would def add that generally speaking I would say having your LPs jammed together that tightly in the cubes is possibly not going to do them any favours - you could reduce each cube to 80% capacity and take the pressure off - but then you'll definitely need a longer-term storage expansion plan! :)
I'm definitely trying to expand to help with that, although they are looser than they look. Any album can be pulled out effortlessly with a single finger, but yeah, I'd like them spaced a bit more. Unfortunately that is all the space I have to work with until we move in a few years.