General vinyl talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By 334578rpm
Leaked list of the UK releases is on the Hoffman forums.
Here are most of the soundtrack releases:
By inksb
That's a lot of Morricone. I'm very happy to see Sakamoto's Smithereens on that list :)
By NathanLurker
Well, I'm in for the Silva Screen Dracula/Curse of Frankenstein for sure. I'm not sure I need a Goblin Greatest Hits, at this point..... but I'm tempted to get it. I am not familiar at all with Synecdoche NY. I could pick uo some of those morricone, but I feel they will have RSD pricing, for items that are worth half of that.
By texasvinyl
Those ams morricone are ok a couple were 10". they are reissues of their reissues
By inksb
Spun out of control wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:38 pm Someone has helpfully posted up the full list... looks like there are a few more curios and OST's lurking in there...

Gerry Anderson's Terrahawks anyone?? :)

https://imgur.com/gallery/yjsBe0e
According to Spencer over on the twitter space these pamphlets don't even have the full list of records on them, they were made before the list was finalized. 35 OST's on the UK list that will officially be released on thursday. He said he's not sure if there will be more on the US list.
By 334578rpm
Official lists are out. Looks like there's a followup to the Blood on Black Wax book.
"Planet Wax: Sci-Fi/Fantasy Soundtracks on Vinyl."
"The included 7” single is of music by Christopher Young (Pet Sematary/Drag Me To Hell/Species) created for but unused in Tobe Hooper's '86 version of Invaders from Mars, remixed for this release. It’s pressed on anti-freeze green vinyl with custom artwork by Hagcult."
By Revolver_OcelScott
I posted it in the New Release OST section. But I absolutely need Phillip Glass Koyaanisqatsi. If anyone sees it anywhere to buy online not gouged I'd appreciate it when it approaches. Or if anyone knows they'd be able to grab one for me, I'd really appreciate it
By deafmetal
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:02 pm I posted it in the New Release OST section. But I absolutely need Phillip Glass Koyaanisqatsi. If anyone sees it anywhere to buy online not gouged I'd appreciate it when it approaches. Or if anyone knows they'd be able to grab one for me, I'd really appreciate it
I will keep an eye out for a copy. It seems to pop up in the local used bins.
By monsterworship
as far as soundtracks, I'm in for the Army of Darkness with the original cover art on Varese Sarabande!
By Tron4Life
monsterworship wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:39 pm as far as soundtracks, I'm in for the Army of Darkness with the original cover art on Varese Sarabande!
That cover art is gorgeous. I'm not sure if Varese titles will be distributed to Europe though so I could have it from my local shop. There is not much more I'm really excited about. Only reason to wake up early is Virgin Suicides I suppose. 7500 copies of those should be enough to secure a copy.
Last edited by Tron4Life on Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By NathanLurker
I was interested in the 'MARK SNOW Music From the X-Files: The Truth and the Light' release until I read 'Pressed now on glow-in-the-dark green vinyl '.
By ScoJo
Koyaanisqaatsi, Synecdoche NY, Deep End Ost/Cat Stevens, The Last Movie, Army of Darkness. Might be others but those caught my eye on quick glance through.
By Revolver_OcelScott
deafmetal wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:23 pm
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:02 pm I posted it in the New Release OST section. But I absolutely need Phillip Glass Koyaanisqatsi. If anyone sees it anywhere to buy online not gouged I'd appreciate it when it approaches. Or if anyone knows they'd be able to grab one for me, I'd really appreciate it
I will keep an eye out for a copy. It seems to pop up in the local used bins.
I have the normal version, sorry I should have been more specific. There is a RSD Complete 2LP of it coming out. The single LP is an abridged version.
By NathanLurker
showing interest for these, at the moment. Probably won't pick all of them up. The Goblin greatest hits has a 6 min mixed version of the Chi Sei tracks. and an alternate roller track.

RSD NORTH AMERICA
----------------
AARON LUPTON & JEFF SZPIRGLAS Planet Wax: Sci-Fi/Fantasy Soundtracks on Vinyl (Book)
JOE LODUCA & DANNY ELFMAN Army of Darkness (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
MAKEUP AND VANITY SET Heart of Batman OST
Philip Glass Koyaanisqatsi 2LP

RSD UK
----------------
Lee 'Scratch' Perry & Daniel Boyle.Feat Max Romeo - Horror Zone
OST: Dracula / The Curse of Frankenstein - Dracula / The Curse of Frankenstein (Hammer Horror)
OST: Goblin - Greatest Hits
OST: Nicholas Pike - C.H.U.D.II: Bud the C.H.U.D.OST
Alessandro Alessandroni - Ritmo dell'industria n.2

RSD JAPAN
----------------
???
By NathanLurker
Guys, Varese Sarabande has announced that they have a Mortal Kombat movie (1995) score picture disc. I don't think that was announced on the RSD site ? Anyway. Might pick that up.
By inksb
NathanLurker wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:58 pm Guys, Varese Sarabande has announced that they have a Mortal Kombat movie (1995) score picture disc. I don't think that was announced on the RSD site ? Anyway. Might pick that up.
I wish it wasn't a picture disc but I'll probably pick it up as well.
By zuko
Might pick up Brian Eno's score to the Rams documentary – remembering it being pretty good but couldn't find it anywhere to listen to online.

Need to grab Synecdoche and Koyaanisqatsi. Also, I know you guys are all trying to play it cool here, but clearly the jewel in the crown this year is that Paw Patrol 7".
By ScoJo
zuko wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:25 pm Also, I know you guys are all trying to play it cool here, but clearly the jewel in the crown this year is that Paw Patrol 7".
By havershaw
oh man, the Hammer scores!!! Really excited about those.

I like the idea of that Varèse AOD score but I wonder how it will differ from the Mondo sonically?
By NathanLurker
havershaw wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:36 pm oh man, the Hammer scores!!! Really excited about those.

I like the idea of that Varèse AOD score but I wonder how it will differ from the Mondo sonically?
from Varese Sarabande's facebook :
Joe LoDuca's score for Sam Raimi's ARMY OF DARKNESS gets a 2LP gatefold release, personally remastered by the composer, with the original artwork and extensive new liner notes.
I don't think Mondo's had Loduca remaster their release.
By Revolver_OcelScott
Definitely:
Koyaanisqatsi
Army of Darkness
X Files

Maybes:
Gorillaz G Sides
Gorillaz D Sides

What are some good sites to check to get RSD releases? I've never needed more than 1 release before and I don't wanna miss out. I have no participating Record Stores near me that actually carry the releases.