General vinyl talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By texasvinyl
I remember reading a couple years back about the operation and the apparent supply chain risk. Someone will step up and recreate the electroplating process, but it will take some time. I also read Apollo had a fully restored Scully lathe in this building which is a shame. Also they made the cutting tips. Another very specialized process not very commercially viable.
By 334578rpm
Tron4Life wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:56 pm Does any of you have some sort of insight how this will effect to our segment?
From what I've been reading, everything should be fine for the next 6 months to a year, since a lot of those projects are already in motion.
However, after that, major delays and cancellations for any project that requires a new master. Re-presses should be fine as long as the masters are still in good shape.
By texasvinyl
Pressing plants without DMM capabilities will deplete their existing lacquer stocks and then idle until another electroplating operation pops up to absorb the demand. DMM facilities will operate at capacity