General vinyl talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By maxlevel
I’ve got a ton of film and music posters in Ikea frames because they are cheap and look ok. I’ve got some clip glass frames, and some stupid expensive ones. Can someone recommend me a classy frame? Dosnt have to be UK. I want to redecorate.

For example, this needs a better frame:
Attachments
0B2D1357-B471-4D66-8BF9-5DE124480592.jpeg
0B2D1357-B471-4D66-8BF9-5DE124480592.jpeg (779.37 KiB) Viewed 1592 times
By ScoJo
I have a number of these 'cinema style' easy change brushed aluminium and perspex frames - they look smart, are big enough for either UK quads or US one sheets, and are very reasonably priced. They affix to the wall with concealed mounts, so are earthquake proof and you don't even have to take them down to change the poster! :

https://tradeframes.co.uk/collections/m ... ter-frames

Ps. That Convo poster is Ultimo Badass
By Dollarhyde
@max

I tried those IKEA frames and was very disappointed.

I recommend finding a local framer, it shouldn't be as expensive as you may think. And you can get it custom fit to your liking. If you know someone that uses a framer regularly you may even get a discount.

I think this cost around £30 in glass.

By maxlevel
@dollar £30 is much nicer, and the shipping is awful for frames. I tried selling a signed music poster on eBay and got nailed on shipping so it didn’t sell... I’ll have a look locally now

@sco it’s from my favourite shop on the planet https://www.richardgoodallgallery.com/t ... 6589-p.asp they have so many things I want. I got mine discounted as a mate was working there many years ago but £40 is still a steal
By Hatter313
I use arttoframes.com, but they are in Brooklyn and I have no idea how much it would be to get them over to the UK, the ready made ones at a lot of our art supply stores where getting to be pretty good, wood and high quality plexi, but now all those stores went out so I’m back to online.
By Bezulsqy
I was looking for this thread after reading the first posts earlier. Took me some time to find it because you posted this in the Vinyl Talk section of STBC....
Anyways, love that Converstation piece!

Agree with @Dollar: check some local framers. I love to get some frames in a colour to match the artwork.
The only IKEA frames I think of getting are the thin 12"x12" to frame some record covers or the old DWRC inserts (although those often are 11"x11")