General vinyl talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By havershaw
I don’t want to create a panic here, but I have 4 somewhat expensive records ordered through edsawesomesounds and he’s always great with communication (we often PM on FB Messenger).

I went to check in with him yesterday, because both my Pensione Paura and Slalom vinyl are long overdue.
But his FB page was completely gone.
I looked on his site and it seemed to be business as usual on there. I emailed him to ask about my orders.

Today I discovered that his Twitter is also completely gone, and now his site has no records for sale at all.
I also usually get a response from him within a few hours, but so far I’ve heard nothing.

Again, I’m not trying to be overly paranoid, but as someone who’s got a bunch of (paid) orders outstanding, all of this seems...bad.

anyone heard anything?
By inksb
Not sure what's going on, I noticed his FB page disappeared after the outage the other day. Now his site is weird. It's very strange. I just got a record from him this week. I'm curious what's going on.

Looks like his ebay store is down too.
By havershaw
I’ve had nothing but great experiences with him in the 4-5 months I’ve been buying records from him.
So I don’t like casting suspicion.
But his FB page and Twitter accounts appear to have been deleted altogether, and now no one can order anything from his site. Not great signs, but I’m hoping I’m just being overly paranoid.
By inksb
It wouldn't make sense for him to just disappear, he has a ton of stock of stuff he had custom pressed for his shop. It's all a bit odd though.
By havershaw
Yeah, like I said, I’ve had nothing but great experiences with him, which is why this is so weird. I’m hoping for the best.

I mean, it’s only 24 hours with no reply from him, but he’s usually so responsive that it’s a little worrisome (especially with the abolishment of all of the EAS social media).
By inksb
monsterworship wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:42 am Sounds like the soundstagedirect fiasco last year.
What was the fiasco?

As far as him responding to stuff, he usually takes 3-4 days to respond to emails I send him.
By havershaw
I think I’ve only emailed him maybe once but he answered right away.

But I usually FB message him, and he usually gets back with me within the hour.
That’s probably why I got worried immediately - I went to message him and it said the user doesn’t exist.
By deafmetal
Let's just hope it's an inventory taking and downsizing process, but it certainly looks very bad right now. Unfortunate, as Ed was a nice guy who went the extra mile with customer service.
By Mateo Sanboval
This absolutely smells of the SSD issue that finished last year but began the slow trickle a couple of years before that. I got a whiff of this a few months back and stopped buying from him. I still have one LP in the wind right now as well. All that said, I hope that I'm wrong as well and that this is just an unfortunate doxing incident or an even more unfortunate family or personal health issue. Ed was always very kind and genial to deal with and very responsive as well. Fingers crossed for all of us. Especially since he was my 2HD replacement and, well, I'm not going back there.
By Revolver_OcelScott
This is crazy. I just got a shipment from him a couple days ago with the Blob record I won. Still have a couple outstanding orders with him as well. Nothing but good experiences so far, but this is worrying.
By inksb
Looks like he's done. I just got this email from them.
We regret to inform you that EdsAwesomeSounds has had to make the difficult decision to
permanently close and seek Chapter 7 relief from the U S Bankruptcy Court.

In the event that you have an open order we unfortunately will not be able to complete the transaction.
Please contact PayPal or your credit card company to process a refund.

Thank you.
By havershaw
Yep, I just got the same one.

Of the four records I had coming, one was a “get one free” so I doubt I can get a refund for a free record.

The others were all part of orders that were partially completed, so this is probably going to be a nightmare to get a refund on.

I feel bad for Ed though. He was always great to deal with.
By Revolver_OcelScott
Damn, just called my credit card company to dispute my 2 open orders. Really unfortunate, but odd that he was still running buy 2 get 1 and contests up til the end. He had to have known things weren't going well.
By havershaw
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:33 pm Damn, just called my credit card company to dispute my 2 open orders. Really unfortunate, but odd that he was still running buy 2 get 1 and contests up til the end. He had to have known things weren't going well.
I hope that’s not what ended him. I took advantage of that B2G1 *a lot*.
By deafmetal
Regarding the B2G1 deal, I believe I had commented early on that I did not understand how a small distro could offer deals like that with such small margins. It just did not make any sense to me.
By havershaw
I feel bad for Ed because I’m sure he’s going through a tough time, but damn, the UK/US exchange rate is not in my favor right now (I’m in the US). I just placed a new pre-order for that Stylotone Marnie and it was $70 with shipping compared to the $50 that I paid through EAS. ughhhhhhhhh, I wish I didn’t love Herrmann this much.
By inksb
havershaw wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:16 am I feel bad for Ed because I’m sure he’s going through a tough time, but damn, the UK/US exchange rate is not in my favor right now (I’m in the US). I just placed a new pre-order for that Stylotone Marnie and it was $70 with shipping compared to the $50 that I paid through EAS. ughhhhhhhhh, I wish I didn’t love Herrmann this much.
Is there a reason you didn't order through LITA? They have it for $49 + shipping. https://lightintheattic.net/releases/47 ... xe-edition
By havershaw
Yeah, I had a very good reason I didn’t order it from LITA.

...mostly that I didn’t know it was there. Haha.
When they announced it last month, I thought that super deluxe site was the only place I could find it outside of EAS.
Thanks for the tip. I’m sure they’ll let me cancel at Super Deluxe.