General vinyl talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By DigitalHiss
I only ordered from EAS twice and both times were smooth. Ed always responded to emails quickly as well.

I never understood why he did so many buy 2 get 1 free promos (along with other random promos)...was he trying to undercut other distros and get a following before stopping those sales?
By inksb
That was my thought too but he just kept doing them. While he had some great prices on stuff, other times it was a bit higher than other places too. Like Policenauts was $50, I paid maybe a little over $40 through Mondo for it.
By havershaw
Definitely saw things that were weirdly overpriced on there from time to time. Not sure what the deal was about that. I did try to remind myself that it always included shipping, which is like $5-$7 worth of savings right there.
By Voodoo_Jim
I was always amazed at how many releases they had at close to wholesale + shipping. I assumed that they got a better discount than myself due to volume. A lot of us got overextended on releases last year - I hate to see anyone going under since that could sour people on vinyl in general and smaller sellers in particular.
By havershaw
Ugh, I have a $90 order that included my Marnie pre-order that I used my Venmo card on because I had a bunch of cash in there.
But Venmo is like “yeah well you authorized the charge so we’re not sure there’s much we can do.”
They don’t really offer buyer protection like PayPal. But they’re looking into it to see if there’s something they can do.
I did manage to cancel my SuperDeluxe order and I reordered through LITA (thanks inksb!) so at least I’ll still get Marnie, but if Venmo doesn’t give me a refund, it’ll be an awfully expensive purchase.
By inksb
That's a bummer @havershaw I've never used Venmo, is there a benefit to it over Paypal? (obviously not in this isntance, but in general)
By havershaw
Not really. It’s just another way to have people pay you, and someone paid me a bunch with Venmo that week, so I had some cash sitting in there.
In general, I try to keep my vinyl purchases on whatever card my wife *doesn’t* pay attention to, hahaha.
By havershaw
update: Ed didn’t respond to either claim, which meant that both Venmo and PayPal refunded my money.

But it’s too bad about Ed. He seemed like a really good guy.